Persona 3 Portable Full Trailer for PSP

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by fgghjjkll, May 19, 2010.

May 19, 2010
  1. fgghjjkll
    OP

Member fgghjjkll GBATemp MegaMan

Australia
    Well, hello again, GBATemp.net patrons. I come bearing gifts, and by “gifts” I of course mean the official full trailer for Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable, Atlus’s upcoming handheld RPG epic.

What’s it full of? Why, WIN, of course, and lots of it! What other portable roleplaying game gives you dozens upon dozens upon dozens of hours of satisfying combat, character interaction, side-quests, and a riveting story? Moreover, few handheld RPGs, if any, deliver the aural and visual impact of Persona 3 Portable, with its stunning world and character design, and a soundtrack courtesy of master composer Shoji Meguro. I could go on and on, GBATempers, and not just because they’re paying me to, but I digress:
    [flash]http://www.viddler.com/simple/224239e0/[/flash (yes i know it doesn't work. Viewon the source..]

For those of you who’ve never been properly exposed to Persona 3, allow me to pull back its long black trench coat to reveal a bit more about the concept of the Dark Hour. In the world of Persona 3 Portable, there is a hidden hour between the end of one day and the start of another. It is imperceptible to most, save a select few. You’re one of this gifted minority (of course you are) and in fact, you’re even more special than the others: you have the ability to not only summon your own inner-power — an alter ego of sorts called your Persona — but also the ability to collect and summon other Personas as well. The fact that most of the populace is catatonic during this Dark Hour means that it’s up to you to stop the Shadows that come out of the great dungeon Tartarus (more on that in a future post). That also means you’re high on the Shadows’ “kill them all” list… Fun!

[​IMG]
    And when it comes to the whole Persona swapping thing, if you’ve yet to play a Persona game, or any of the Shin Megami Tensei titles, you’re missing out. The level of addictiveness found in acquiring, managing, and fusing Personas is tremendous. It’s on par with a very popular RPG franchise that rhymes with… Moke-a-pon.

*stares expressionlessly at GBATemp audience*

We hope you enjoy the trailer, so much so that you decide to pre-order immediately. And we’re not just saying that to look out for ourselves (well, we are, granted), but also because if you happen to reserve a copy at a participating retailer (GameStop or Amazon in the United States and Canada, and ONLY while limited supplies last), you’ll snag a rather awesome pre-order bonus baseball cap modeled after the one worn by the popular character Junpei Iori, Gekkoukan High School’s bantering, jabbering class clown.

[​IMG]

Look for Persona 3 Portable on retail shelves and on the PSN Store on July 6, 2010! For more info about P3P, visit the game’s official website.

Source

2. pitman

Member pitman Addicted to Magical Girls

Israel
    If I had a PSP I would be excited and would do a 2nd and a half playthrough (the half was for the original P3 [until lvl 40] and then a completion of P3:FES).

At least for those who will experience P3 for the first time wouldn't have to deal with the sometimes horrible party AI ("Goddammit Mitsuru stop casting Marin Karin ARRRGGG") by setting the party to manual and another major improvement is the Guard/Defend option (saved my ass plenty in Persona 4).

3. SylvWolf

Member SylvWolf Ave Dominus Nox

United States

Let's see how that looks. Wasn't sure on what size to make it.

I freaking loved P4, and really hope that this can work on CFW when it comes out. I'd love to play this game, especially with the updates it's getting.

4. Daizu

Member Daizu GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Persona 3 is my favorite RPG. Looking forward to the PSP version. Especially the new female protagonist, cause you know... female... protagonist. =) Oh and... I guess new social links are good too... but still, female protagonist. =)