Gaming Persona 2: Eternal Punishment - Time for a Fan Translation?

cj_iwakura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why even bother changing any of the names then? Why not do a patch of Persona 1 Portable to port over all the Revelations names and graphic changes? While we're at it, let's hack Innocent Sin to add in the Revelations names too. Don't forget to make everyone white except Mark and Yuki. Oh, and don't forget to cut out the Snow Queen Quest.

I don't like Maya's name, let's change it to Martha.

We're keeping the Japanese names intact. Yuki is a nickname she gets.

He volunteered to help, no sense in having two groups acting against each other.

Scorp

Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
No, this would not speedup anything. I am not against joining forces, just I do not see what he could do to help us.

Actually now all the work is concentrated on the editing of the scripts (cj_iwakura works on that). I also contacted people (quite normal behemoth, Aya Ohseki), who translated the additional scripts (Tatsuya scenario) and they generously provided us all the scripts as well as some other translations done and agreeded to work for future translation if needed.

So, actually only problem we have is about technical things (as there is still some unsolved matters), but they do not limit us in currect project stage anyway.

Last edited by Scorp,

kanon88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi guys just wanting to say thanks for all of you that are translating the game , the translation is still in progress?

ali_ihsan21

Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone explain what's the difference between Persona 2 eternal punishment and innocent sin ? I already played p3p and can't decide which of these game is the previous one

GoddessKozy

i'll fight sal9000
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should start with Innocent Sin.
IS is the first one, EP branches off from it. I've been holding out on EP for whatever reason though.
Also, I have a link to the entire script of EP (ps2 version) and it seems to have not enough of the best character (Miyabi).

Also also, I've been lurking this thread for about two years. Just wanted to toss out yet another "Thanks for the work!".

ceifadorx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can someone explain what's the difference between Persona 2 eternal punishment and innocent sin ? I already played p3p and can't decide which of these game is the previous one

is 2 games with similar story and same character. some character are playabe in both games, other you plan only in one game and the other they shows like npc.
Innocent sin is the first game you need to play. eternal punishment is the "sequel" and shows the innocent sin ending in the begining.
you can play eternal punishment before Innocent sin, but is not recommended.
Eternal punishment is already in english the psone version, but the psp is much better (and has a extra scenario)

Reactions: Raph_friend

sushi55

Trophies
XP
Country
Jordan
Obligatory thanks for the translation.
Persona 4 is my personal favorite, but I've been meaning to replay Eternal Punishment for a while now.

Barrelbot

Trophies
XP
Country
Can't tell you how happy I am that this project is still underway. Is this thread the main hub for discussion or do you guys have a blog or something I could follow for updates?
Thanks for sticking with this. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Reactions: Necdilzor

Aria_of_the_Underdog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So first off, I want to say that I greatly respect the work the team is putting into this, and regardless, I'm looking forward to it when it gets completed.

That being said, I have a differing opinion, with heavy emphasis on the word opinion, on the decision to use Yuki rather than Yukino. Since this translation is going to be bringing Eternal Punishment in line with the rereleased translations of Persona 1 and Innocent Sin, it seems disjointing. As far as I remember, Yuki is used nowhere in Persona 1 or Innocent Sin, as the only three characters of P1 listed with a nickname in the manual are Mark, Brown, and Elly, with the opening scene listing Yukino's nickname as... Yukino in her introduction, which isn't surprising since most of the cast doesn't have an actual nickname. I'm pretty sure Innocent Sin is similar, but I'm a little foggy on it since it's been a while and I've been waiting for a translation of Eternal Punishment PSP to play it again. Either way, she's described as being fairly well respected and a bit of a no-nonsense type of person, meaning she probably isn't the type of person to go by a nickname. I mean, yeah, there are exceptions, but if she hasn't used one in the previous two games, she probably wouldn't use one now. It'd be like if Kei suddenly started to go by Nate, which as far as canon goes, he never has. And he has a similar no-nonsense attitude to Yukino.

I get that Yuki is personal preference for the translating team, and I respect that. I'll still play the translation when the patch comes out. I'm really looking forward to it. It's just, I felt it was worth pointing out.

That, and Yuki just leaves a poor taste in my mouth as a reminder of what originally happened to P1.

mwahaha

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Me too. I hope you can finish it soon. But this is a free job, so take your time. We always support you guys.

GoddessKozy

i'll fight sal9000
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I second the question about the progress of the translation, once Tradukosoft joined in all progress seems to have been halted (or at least, progress isn't shown publicly).

I think any progress or "No progress has been made" is better at this point than silence, honestly. Sorry if it's a bit audacious to say.

edit: I see on facebook that Tradukosoft has decided to not work on this anymore, so, that's a thing.

Last edited by GoddessKozy,
Reactions: MoonUsotsuki

mwahaha

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I second the question about the progress of the translation, once Tradukosoft joined in all progress seems to have been halted (or at least, progress isn't shown publicly).

I think any progress or "No progress has been made" is better at this point than silence, honestly. Sorry if it's a bit audacious to say.

edit: I see on facebook that Tradukosoft has decided to not work on this anymore, so, that's a thing.
I really wish Atlus localized this version if the fan translation decided to stop this project. Why settle with psx version when there are superior version on psp?

Tempa777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I really wish Atlus localized this version if the fan translation decided to stop this project. Why settle with psx version when there are superior version on psp?

So just to be clear, the Project has been cancelled?
I could not find any updates either.

I just want to know becasue i finished innocent sin and want to move on to eternal Punihsment but do not know if i should wait for a translation

mwahaha

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
So just to be clear, the Project has been cancelled?
I could not find any updates either.

I just want to know becasue i finished innocent sin and want to move on to eternal Punihsment but do not know if i should wait for a translation
Well, there's no any new news in these past months, so I guess they're already abandon the project or too busy with real world.

Tempa777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, there's no any new news in these past months, so I guess they're already abandon the project or too busy with real world.
Well i guess i am going to play the PSX version then.
It is just the interface which bothering me after i played Innocent Sin on the PSP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: :rofl: preferably the grim reaper with a pair of glocks