Hacking Persona 1 psp english text in japanese game help

BlazeV

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I got both isos for the game a japanese one and the usa one and i was trying to copy the text in the usa iso to the japanese one but whenever i do it and test the game it keeps popping up with the error like 81002100 or something is there a way to do this and have the iso working?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Is there any reason to why you are doing this?

Because English can possibly take up more lines than Japanese when translating, Atlus could've added more text boxes, etc to it so it wouldn't work at all.

EnigmaBlade

Trophies
XP
Country
I got both isos for the game a japanese one and the usa one and i was trying to copy the text in the usa iso to the japanese one but whenever i do it and test the game it keeps popping up with the error like 81002100 or something is there a way to do this and have the iso working?

Err.. why not just play the US one? O.o

BlazeV

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just doing it for fun and experimenting with basic iso and rom hacking and I want to get better at this.

I tried moving the japanese files to the usa iso and it doesn't work either, i'm a little confused why you can't switch music between the isos

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It depends on the actual structure and design of the game. Some games allow you to do a simple file swap, while others completely break when one byte is out of place.

Because of how the game is coded, it can't handle files it wasn't meant to have.

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
To me it sounds like there are files in there that you shouldn't be moving. Like if you're moving something with an unknown extension it could actually be containing a lot more files than you'd expect. My suggestion would be to find the scripts inside each game and try swapping those out.

BlazeV

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
well i tried to move the movie and voice files and they are the same in both and it still doesn't load up. maybe its that space issue where it ahs to ahve a certain size to work.

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
I decided to give this a shot and I think the problem is that you don't know which one was the voice file to begin with an once you locate that you can switch them with no problems. I didn't know which one so I usually get a blank screen and the game doesn't load.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a