person i knew is dead :(

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by rest0re, Aug 1, 2007.

1. rest0re
    OP

rest0re GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 23, 2006
    Finland
    WINLAND
    well.. i just heard that one guy i know died. i dont know why and how. he was crazy boozer but he was nice guy.. just that i knew him thru irc since 1997 ... feels kinda empty now. even if he is not really good friend of mine... well rest in peace. :'(

2. Spikey

Spikey Your Special Someone

Mar 16, 2006
    United States
    Topic icon for this is [​IMG]... makes it look like you're glad...

Anyways...

3. mthrnite

mthrnite So it goes.

Former Staff
    Jun 30, 2006
    United States
    th' south
    Down the river we go...

4. Icarus

Icarus fire walk with me

Feb 3, 2006
    United States
    Big Appleu
    I'm scared of the fact that my grandma is going to pass away one day. She's the only grand relative I have and I love her so very much =/

5. cardyology

cardyology GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 2, 2007
    Chorley Uk
    Sorry to hear that man.

Anyone read about the British guy killed in Argentina last week? Hit by car while taking a photo on a roadside? It was all over BBC news /news24 the day it happened.

ANyways, I knew him. Known him for years, we used to go on holiday together. He's my Uncles business partners son. I've not seen him for about 7 years now so its not hit me too hard... but my uncle is devastated.

May they both RIP.....

6. Sekkyumu

Sekkyumu GBAtemp Regular

Nov 6, 2005
    France
    France
    I know how you feel. Really. But I'm afraid you can't do anything about it and that's sad to say but that's part of Life.

That already happened to me when I was 11 and the worst thing is that she told me she wanted to die. Weeks later she indeed died.
    Sometimes I feel bad about it and I blame myself about the fact I was too young and wasn't really interested in Arts at that time - who would at the age of 10 ? If I could make a time leap I would get back years before her death and tried to learn a lot of art sthings from her. The only thing remaining from her are some paints + art tools that I will never use because I'm not ready to use them now.

The thing that trully killed me years ago is that I realized I was the only "artist" remaining in the familly and I couldn't share some Art Stuff with the others. But well, I survived even if it was quite a hard time for me. [​IMG]

7. BoneMonkey

BoneMonkey The cheese stash is a lie.

Banned
    Dec 9, 2006
    United States
    USA
    maybe this pic will cheer you up

[​IMG]

8. Spikey

Spikey Your Special Someone

Mar 16, 2006
    United States
    It was probably mean of me to do so, but I lol'd... [​IMG]

9. nintendofreak

nintendofreak Around. Shoot me a PM.

Mar 27, 2006
    United States
    Cal Poly Pomona / (323)

Same here... I'll be able to cope with it, but what I really worry about is how my mom will cope with it... I cant imagine losing MY mom [​IMG] Its just something i hope will never happen (but of course will)...

10. JacobReaper

JacobReaper I Love You....

Jun 5, 2007
    United States
    Spoomo
    same here.. [​IMG] great now i have that in my head -__- :'( [​IMG]

11. BoneMonkey

BoneMonkey The cheese stash is a lie.

Banned
    Dec 9, 2006
    United States
    USA
    WTF this is a video game forum so NO ONE GIVES A FLYING FUCK about dead grandmas or ppl

so your going through a tough time in life well so has everyone else get over it !

dont come in here spreading your crap and expect sympathy from me

go to the doctor phil forums you pussies !

12. Linkiboy

Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

May 14, 2006
    United States
    -What used to be here doesn't make sense anymore so I got rid of it.-

13. Sekkyumu

Sekkyumu GBAtemp Regular

Nov 6, 2005
    France
    France
    Well I can't really see if your post is ironic or not but I'm sure he doesn't need sympathy from you. [​IMG]

Seriously, I think you'd feel the same if you were him [​IMG] .

14. [M]artin

[M]artin .

Nov 7, 2006
    United States
    ?

15. rest0re
    OP

rest0re GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 23, 2006
    Finland
    WINLAND
    well .. i have mixed feelings about this. its kinda sad to know that he passed away but then .. i didnt really talk him much, i actually last saw him about this time of year.. anyway... sad sad sad thingie

16. RayorDragonFall

RayorDragonFall I see you've played knifey-spoony before.

Mar 15, 2003
    Sucks a lot restore. I'll be visiting my uncles grave soon, so I know what the emptyness is like.

17. VVoltz

VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Nov 6, 2002
    USA
    BTW, in the dream I had two nights ago I died...

It felt soooo weird when I woke up. What I remember is the peace that I had when I was about to pass out....

Wonder what that means.

On topic, I'm sorry for you and your friend's family.

18. juggernaut911

juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

Jul 13, 2006
    United States
    I'm not being a jerk or anything but I'm scared for when my 12 year old doggy passes on! [​IMG] He's 12 and I'm 13 so we grew up together! [​IMG] he so cute and goofy/clumbsy! His legs have arthritis and he's really old so I don't know how long he's got... [​IMG]

19. iTech

iTech GBAtemp Regular

Jun 14, 2007
    United States
    I just lost a hamster. It was terrible to see him in last days - he had bald patches, an eye was shut tight, his belly was full of urine stains and he would walk around in a grizzly fashion on his tip-toes. Who had thought hamsters only live a few years.

At any rate, my sentiments to the topic starter. I have lost so many friends and relatives you'd think I was cursed, or living in Iraq. So I know the feeling.
    :'(

20. ridgecity

ridgecity GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 6, 2002
    Mexico
    dude it's the Circle Of Life. I don't know what is waiting for you in the other side or if that's it, but just enjoy life while you are here, so whatever happens you'll be remember by the people that keep living...