Suggestion Permission to report any user intentionally responding to troll/spammers post

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
I know i can report users, i was asking for permission, I Don't want to do what isn't necessary, just trying to understand, more of a personal issue, peace of mind.
Just do it. If the mods want you to stop, they'll tell you, or make an announcement about it. (Just don't report posts because you disagree with their opinion, or because of other frivolous things.)

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean by report and persmission?
I mean i don't understand how the report function actually works on their end. I know is there and is used to relay message. So i am asking if is allowed or granting permission to use it for the reason stated in the topic. For all i know i can report 12 users and everyone gets 12 messages that was unnecessary. That is why i asked. I'm sure the report button has been use for other things not related to spam or troll comments. So i just asked.

Reactions: Mr.ButtButt

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I mean i don't understand how the report function actually works on their end. I know is there and is used to relay message. So i am asking if is allowed or granting permission to use it for the reason stated in the topic. For all i know i can report 12 users and everyone gets 12 messages that was unnecessary. That is why i asked. I'm sure the report button has been use for other things not related to spam or troll comments. So i just asked.
Report blatent rule breaking. Bumping spam is incredibly stupid, and people bumping shit on purpose deserve to be suspended for shitposting. IMO

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Bumping spam is against the rules, report both the op and anyone who posted. That way the staff can handle it properly
Well, when there's actually someone online, though....

th3joker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think there should be a temp autoban to a account that gets reported atleast 10 times. I mean a mod will have to review said reports anyway, so atleast my idea will stop the spammer spreading until a mod does fix it. And if people abuse it they get a temp ban that gets longer each time they repeat.

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
I think there should be a temp autoban to a account that gets reported atleast 10 times.
What if a known developer wants to announce a time sensitive game exploit (because it would be removed from the eShop in a day or two), but some trolls reported some posts, and the post couldn't be posted?

While it would be nice to stop spammers, I think this could often end up getting in the way of legit users.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
this could often end up getting in the way of legit users.

Exactly that.
I and 9 other could just go on a reporting rampage just to troll others.

It's a good idea but it won't work, except if this is only applicable to the "Newcomers" group.
And even then it could be abused, tho to a lesser extend.

Reactions: VinsCool

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bumping spam is against the rules, report both the op and anyone who posted. That way the staff can handle it properly
Go ahead, but we usually take care of it ourselves.
Okay, thank you for the responses. I just wanted to be sure i wasn't adding unnecessary problems with abusing report button. :)

Reactions: raulpica

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: