Hacking Perloader issuees

djb77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK this is whats going on.

4.1E Wii (Update history: 3.2 - 4.0 - 4.1)

I try to uninstall Preloader using NandClean only to discover that it only deletes the hacks + settings, but not the actual program. However I didnt delete the system menu app since it said 4.0 only.

Anyways I try and re-install Preloader and notice that the hacks.ini files aint showing up, I tried the new 4.1E ones and then reverted back to the original hacks.ini files that came with Preloader, neither worked.

The question is now what should I do?

I'm thinking maybe about downgrading back to 3.2 and back up to 4.1 could fix it (using waninkoko's tools ofcourse), then installing preloader since 4.1 is on there.

Is that what I should do or is there an easier solution?

Thanks in advance
smile.gif

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Reinstalling the system Menu should get rid of preloader. I didn't bother trying to remove it by other means when I downgraded to 3.2 and upgraded to 4.1. Just had to reinstall it again with new hacks when I was done.

Another question, are you using the right hacks for your region?

djb77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes I made sure of that, 450 for pal (4.1).

So if i use NUS Downloader to download system menu 450 and use WAD Manager to re-install it, that should work?
Also, is there any IOS files I need to remove before / prior?

djb77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
*bump*

Just want to make sure this is right

Lastly, IOS60 was used for Preloader, when I go back to the normal system menu (WiiSystemMenu450.wad) should I delete IOS60 before installing Preloader again?

wanders

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
djb77 said:
*bump*

Just want to make sure this is right

Lastly, IOS60 was used for Preloader, when I go back to the normal system menu (WiiSystemMenu450.wad) should I delete IOS60 before installing Preloader again?

No, absolutely not. You shouldn't need to mess with IOS60 at all.

Your system menu itself uses IOS60. Delete it and bad things will happen. Just install the proper system menu wad, run nandclean once more if you wish, and reinstall preloader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte