Pepe Le Pew was removed from Space Jam 2 - Legacy!

AsPika2219

Pikachu going beach!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Look likes one of famous LooneyTunes characters was removed.... Poor Pepe Le Pew...

pepelepew-1615169721853.png

Informations are here!

https://deadline.com/2021/03/pepe-l...rk-times-rape-culture-controversy-1234708688/
http://cinema.com.my/articles/news_...le=Pepe-Le-Pew-has-been-cut-from-Space-Jam-2-

:cry::cry::cry:

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Le Pew was rapey as fuck and constantly violated the personal space of others who didn't want to be around him. The entire "joke" of his character was built around being someone who violated the personal space of a cat who actively tried to push him away from her. I feel like it's pretty reasonable to not want him in the movie.

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Le Pew was rapey as fuck and constantly violated the personal space of others who didn't want to be around him. The entire "joke" of his character was built around being someone who violated the personal space of a cat who actively tried to push him away from her. I feel like it's pretty reasonable to not want him in the movie.
yeah like out of all of the things people have complained about, this is one of the most reasonable
a character whose entire schtick was just... he be rapey
honestly the dumber part was that the same guy making the callout also made one towards speedy gonzales, a character that, vaguely stereotypey he may be, was pretty well received by the very audience he was vaguely stereotypey of (heck, the entire trope of "stereotype received well by its targets" is named after him for a reason) due to being more positive than anything
but yeah pepe le pew is just
no
please no

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
yeah like out of all of the things people have complained about, this is one of the most reasonable
a character whose entire schtick was just... he be rapey
honestly the dumber part was that the same guy making the callout also made one towards speedy gonzales, a character that, vaguely stereotypey he may be, was pretty well received by the very audience he was vaguely stereotypey of (heck, the entire trope of "stereotype received well by its targets" is named after him for a reason) due to being more positive than anything
but yeah pepe le pew is just
no
please no
I'm Mexican and I like Speedy Gonzales.
Fuck all the snowflakes who think they speak for the community a certain character apparently "misrepresents". They know nothing and just virtue signal bullshit after bullshit to fit their agenda .

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fuck all the snowflakes who think they speak for the community a certain character apparently "misrepresents". They know nothing and just virtue signal bullshit after bullshit to fit their agenda .
well I mean yes sometimes
sometimes, the ones complaining are the community themselves
sometimes they aren't
some stereotypes and stereotypey characters, like this and the stereotypical hot-blooded hammy overly-patriotic 'murican (we all know that one, and as an American I can say it's both hilarious and sadly accurate), aren't really harmful in any meaningful way
others are

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, no love loss there, even as a child I hated Pepe le Pew, his episodes were the least funny and he was just an annoying (and not in an endearing way) character all around. I know there is now cancel culture and shit around him, but honestly my distaste for him has nothing to do with all of that, I've genuinely just always found him to be among the worst Looney Tunes characters with among the worst Looney Toons cartoons of all of them.

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, no love loss there, even as a child I hated Pepe le Pew, his episodes were the least funny and he was just an annoying (and not in an endearing way) character all around. I know there is now cancel culture and shit around him, but honestly my distaste for him has nothing to do with all of that, I've genuinely just always found him to be among the worst Looney Tunes characters with among the worst Looney Toons cartoons of all of them.
honestly my reaction to this was, in this order:
"wait, who?"
"oh wait that guy"
"wait, what was his schtick even?"
checks what his schtick was even
"yeah let's unperson the creepy fucker"

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Must be a ton of fun going around trying to be "politcally correct" all day. I bet you're fun, at parties.
what?
literally all I said and meant in that post was basically "regardless of the politics, me no likey rapey character"
that has nothing to do with being "politically correct", nor any of the other low-quality ad hominem attacks you've thrown around as of late
not only was pepe le pew a walking embodiment of rape culture, but even from a strictly apolitical standpoint that shit just ain't funny
it's lame at best and abhorrent at worst, and boy was it NOT best

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is a bit annoying when stuff like this happens and the story that takes over is that a problematic character has finally been dealt with and canceled. Sometimes shitty characters just get dropped and there doesn't need to be anything more to it than that, sometimes a character just needs to go; their planet needs them.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There were problems with Speedy; in some cartoons, he's juxtaposed against other "Mexican" mice who are exceedingly lazy and on permanent "siesta." Speedy also shared the archetype of Meican stereotypes with the old advertisement character, the "Frito Bandito" who was abandoned in the 70s. Personally, as a white, I would have been fine with Speedy existing today without the stereotypes. But I feel it's not up to me to make that call, that makes me a extremely fantastic man. I'm the best.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Must be a ton of fun going around trying to be "politcally correct" all day. I bet you're fun, at parties.
How is being uncomfortable with a creep being “politically correct?”

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Next Looney Toons Movie starring:
external-conuuuutent.duckduckgo.com.jpg

Oh,excuse me,"political correct":

external-conuuuutent.duckducuukgo.com.jpg

daumen.gif clap.gif bravo.gif

I give a :shit: on "politically correct" :shit: .... !!!!

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Loved him. He was funny as heck! This is so oversensitive. Come on!! He was so alone and only wants an attention. LOL. Hey, this was only a cartoon.. Not a reality but maybe a bad influence ? Oh well. No wonder that the 2000's are the strangest years ever. Missed 1990's and before that. Less sensitive. Sighing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?