Peoples Republic of DamnGreatService

NoCAshBob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm sure many GBATemp veterans already are savvy, but I've recently become hooked on overseas buying. Lately it's all been about buying from PRC. Now how did my typical North American buying go you ask? Well I'll give you my story.

I would order late in the evening as usual, and would immediately recieve a useless email stating my order had been recived, they'll let me know when it's processed and the order shipped. 2-5 days later I would be let know via another email that my order should ship in the next 24-48 hours.. Two MORE days. Even if I ordered via express, and paid $60+, a wekk is tacked on.
I used to think this was fine, until I took a chance on a overseas purchase (I could not find the product in stock in any US or CAN stores) and I became privy to a whole new world of something I never knew until that day.. efficient service, real customer service, rewarding service that makes you smile.

Here is how my now typical overseas order goes (mainly from the Peoples Republic of China, and a real starlet of a store in particular).
I order a product, nearly always thrilled at the better price I'm receiving (these cats understand the benefits of reduced price but greater volume). I pay in Renminbi, as this is the currency of the Peoples Bank of China, same as Chinese Yuan. I check the exchange rate (CADCNY=X, google it, substitute CAD for your currency exchange symbol if not Canadian) to find as usual, that there is a 7% or so hike do to some kind of tax I figure. and I pay for UPS Express $30 or so (notice it's roughly half of domestic express?) and place the order. I smile as I realize that even after purchasing Express 3-5day shipping, I've saved money from domestic standard shipped orders.

Before noon the next morning (as I've said, I typically orderin the late evening) I receive an email notifying me my product is SHIPPED, and here is my tracking number. Shipping takes average 5 business day to arrive (not counting weekends of course) and it arrives. I pay no duty, customs, nor brokerage. I sign, then eagerly open my prizes feeling great for the fantastic efficiency of the order.

Lastly, I need to note the customer service portion of these orders. Got a problem with the order? email, they typically get back within a few hours. trouble on there end? they contact you and give you options to rectify the situation, typically being either refund, wait, or upgraded product shipped instead. Defective Product? email them , they'll give you instructions on sending the product back, then express you the replacment. I know some will balk at shipping back overseas, but most domestice make you do it as well.

In the end, I'm loving the better service, the better prices, and the better overall experience of overseas orders. I will be an odd day for me when I decide to order domestic again. They just take too long, and have no service morals
yaynds.gif

NoCAshBob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dude, you need to find a dictionary, quick. Look up the word propaganda.
and BTW, this is for all the GBATemp folks that are genuinely would like to try ordering from some of these sites, but just can't find any proper endorsements from users.

On a side note, are you [EDIT: refering to hanman] by chance from southern united states?
lecture.gif

hanman

I'm a pretty lucky guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know what propaganda means, though my use of it was meant to be facetious. i could care less where you buy your stuff. my point was, i don't see how this is video game news.

NoCAshBob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To all those GBATemp fans who, as I did a time ago, are looking for this exact type of post this IS news.
You may not find this is true for you per-se, but if thats the case why did you post at all; Or is this how you get your post count higher?
mad.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse