Hacking People with WD My Passport Essential USB HDD

maduin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 300GB version, the first partition is FAT32 and the second is WBFS, and I can't get any of the other Wii apps to read from my FAT32 part. I tried SNES9X GX 4, MPlayer-CE, Wadmanager 1.3, with all the proper folder directory structures and it never works. Geexbox sees it, but that's it. Anyone have any luck, or can point me in the right direction to fixing this? It's the one and only problem I've had with my hacking attempts and apps.

spacerobot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 500 gig WD Passport. Half is NTFS and the other half is the WBFS partition for wii games. I don't try to run apps from it, I run them from the SD card. Other than that it works great.

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
well, snes9xGX 4.00 and 4.01 ave broken USB support, so tahts why taht isn't working.

wad manager 1.3 is finicky as to the usb devices it accepts, so thats why there. (use channel file manager as a substitute, uses newest cIOS and is WAYYYYY faster)

maduin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, I'll give channel file manager a shot, I think I tried it before but I only got a french version and never bothered to find an english one.

maduin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ryanhaggan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a black western digital 320 passport drive. I would love to keep my roms, wads, movies and so on on a partition on my drive, but no applications that I have tried so far works.

Wadmanager v1.3 doesn't read from usb (gives ret=-1)... same thing goes for snes9x as well as a couple other emulators. mPlayer as well.

I have a 200GB partition and a 100GB partition. The 200GB WBFS is first, then the 100GB Windows partition is next (NTFS or whatever it is).

I would LOOOOOOVE a solution to this. Utilize my free hdd space rather than my small sd card.

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
well, I know of 2 rules that apply when getting emulators/apps to see a usb drive

1. has to be formated in FAT32.

2. Has to be the very first partition on the drive. Emulators in particular will not see the drive if it is not the very first partition.

hmm, i had a fat32 format tool somewhere. give me a sec.

Here you go.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mizwnzjawdm

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @RedColoredStars My condolences, was that your cat? +1