People with a 16G G6 Real

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by h8uthemost, Aug 1, 2007.

Aug 1, 2007

People with a 16G G6 Real by h8uthemost at 7:40 PM (1,019 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. h8uthemost
    OP

Member h8uthemost GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Hey guys,

This is a question for the ones that have a 16G G6 Real.

I just received mine yesterday. I sent in my 8G to be traded with the 16G. So I had my 8G for about a month or so before I sent it out. And all DS roms, and the homebrew I put on it, all worked fine.

Well, when I sent out my 8G, I copied all the of the cart contents onto my computer first, so I can just copy them back over to the 16G. And the homebrew I was using at that time on my 8G was AmplituDS v3, and ComicbookDS. But when I copied these files onto my 16G, they're not working. And yes, I have 2.2 that has the included dldi auto patcher.

But some other homebrew works that I tried. Like DSOrganize and Giana.

So I was hoping if the ones that have a 16G can do me a favor and try out AmplituDS v3 and ComicbookDS on it. I just want to know if this is a problem with all 16G carts, or just mine. And again, these were working fine on my 8G, so they should have worked fine on my 16G.

I'll include links to AmplituDS, ComibookDS, and even a converted comic that will run on ComicbookDS. So all you have to do is download everything, and put it on your cart.

Here's AmplituDS v3:

http://www.zshare.net/download/2941197d1e5707/

And here is ComicbookDS with a converted comic:

http://www.zshare.net/download/29423108a3d7f9/

Just throw the Amplituds folder, and the AmplituDS.nds onto your root. And do the same with the ComicbooDS.nds, and the converted comic.

A big thank you to any one who tried this for me.

2. Gouf

Newcomer Gouf Member

United States
    Not just you. I tried them om my 16Gbit G6 Real and Amplitude locked on the logo screens. The comic just locked before it got to any screen.

I had similar disappointments with SNEmuDS. [​IMG]

3. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Aw hopefully this is fixed soon

4. h8uthemost
    OP

United States
    Thank you Gouf! Thanks for being so kind to try this out for me.

And yeah, those were the same exact problems I had with mine. AmplituDS got stuck at the start screen, and ComicbookDS just wouldn't start at all.

Well, I hope the G6 team is aware of this, and put out a fix for this soon.

Thank you again.

5. Gouf

Newcomer Gouf Member

United States
    You are very welcome. [​IMG] This was my first card. My choice was based on the threads and comments you and others made. The ones I read when I first started lurking here. I still do not regret getting this card. Though you were unaware of it, you were very helpful to me, when I was choosing which card to buy. So thank you. [​IMG]

I am curious. Was your 8Gbit card on the 2.2 firmware. If so I wonder if homebrew programmers need to accomidate larger memory?

It is odd it would work on the 8, but not the 16. If memory serves, in another thread, you mentioned SNEmulDS worked fine you your 8Gbit card. Hmm...

Very strange......

(retorical) So is it the firmware, or the homebrew? Or bits of both? (/retorical)

I also noticed the G6 PDA address book has very poor keyboard control. It is similar to the overall touch screen control problem you and others had mentioned in a previous thread for the old firmware main interface.

6. h8uthemost
    OP

United States
    Aww...now I feel bad that you bought the cart because of my comments. And now some homebrew isn't working on the 16G model. [​IMG]

But yeah, everything was working fine on the 8G, including SNEmulDS. And I was using 2.2 firmware on it, just like I am on the 16G.

And, I"m guessing it has something to do with the cart, why the homebrew isn't working? I'm not sure. But ahtin is running 2.3 on his Real, and I guess it 's going to include bug fixes. So hopefully this homebrew problem is going to be one of the fixes.

And as for the PDA, I"ve never tried it. But I've heard that the PDA for the G6 Lite wasn't all that great either. So I'm sure it's about the same on the Real. I would just use DSOrganize if I were you. [​IMG]

7. VenomSymbiote

Newcomer VenomSymbiote Advanced Member

United States
    So there's a problem with the G6Real 2gb cards and homebrew? x_X Glad I didn't buy one yet...

8. Gouf

Newcomer Gouf Member

United States
    Don't mistake our finding a few flaws as it being a bad product. Everything else I threw at the card works fine.

DS Organize
    iPod emu
    GBC emu
    Colors (paint prog)
    Kana DS

It's still a great product. These few things will be fixed in downloadable updates in the future. So it's all good.

9. jerbob92

Newcomer jerbob92 Advanced Member

Netherlands

so that things work?
    i doesn't with me [​IMG] when i have old firmware i patch them myself=nothing
    when i get new firmware and it autopatching=nothing

G6 you have some work to do [​IMG]

10. Gouf

Newcomer Gouf Member

United States
    Well since the above Homebrews work both for me and H8uthemost on our 16Gbit G6 Reals, - AND - IF you are running the English version 2.2 firmware,- AND - You have formatted the card in the DS and reinstalled everything fresh, -AND -things are still not working. -You may have a dud. Were did you buy it from? I would contact them.

11. h8uthemost
    OP

United States
    How are you adding the homebrew to the cart jerbob92?

You have to add the homebrew directly to the root of the cart. That means outside of the System and NDS folder. You can't put the homebrew in it's own folder. It must go on the root.

Also, you probably know this, but you get into the homebrew by going into My Card in the G6's menu.

If this still doesn't work, then Gouf may be right. It could be possible your cart is messed up.

Try this homebrew:

http://www.zshare.net/download/297303056a34c7/

It's a Mario clone, and I have it on my cart right now. So if this isn't working for you, then it must be your cart.

12. -poyZ!

Member -poyZ! Advanced Member

Australia
    I bought two of these today @ ozmodchips... G6REAL 16gb....

Whoo hoo! playing around now.. should be fun... will post my results / impressions...