Hardware People getting their pre-orders soon, what's your plan for ensuring it can hopefully be JB'd?

thisisnotdave

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting my Series S this week and I have a half a mind to just leave it in the packaging until a JB comes out. I don't plan on playing any AAA games on it, just emulation, and if we're really lucky some kind of Linux distro will come out eventually. I want to keep it on it's launch firmware if possible, but I wanted to hear if you all have an other ideas. Is it possible to enable dev mode and leave the machine unpatched? Can you sideload apps offline?

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm getting my Series S this week and I have a half a mind to just leave it in the packaging until a JB comes out. I don't plan on playing any AAA games on it, just emulation, and if we're really lucky some kind of Linux distro will come out eventually. I want to keep it on it's launch firmware if possible, but I wanted to hear if you all have an other ideas. Is it possible to enable dev mode and leave the machine unpatched? Can you sideload apps offline?

Since the One has not seen any useful hack since it's release I'd say your chances are very slim.
They've learned since the 360.
See:
Also I'm very much a 'hopeful' homebrew guy but Microsoft has proven with the One that it will be a very long wait. In other words: I would not really bother unless you'd keep it in storage and buy a second unit for actual use.

Last edited by KirovAir,
Reactions: Deleted User

thisisnotdave

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh, maybe I'll just leave it Dev Mode and hope for some awesome homebrew. I'm very new to this scene, I haven't owned a console in ages. The size of the XSS is what drew me in as it would make a totally awesome portal emulation machine. Thanks for the info!

Rafciu

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Dev mode is great but there are no many ports and games there i think there much potential with power of Series X and hopefully more Devs going to release cool ports and games there with new generation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1