Gaming Penguins of Madagascar Wont run.

DDRPenguin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I bought a Penguins of Madagascar Game for my DS, and everytime I put it in, it wont work.

I have a Japanese DSi, and the game wont show up on the menu.

I have used a Action Replay DSi, to see if I could bypass that, and it can detect the game, but it says "Unknown game", and when I try to load it, it wont run the game either.

Do I have a faulty game cartridge? Or is it because of my Japanese DSi?

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bring it back and tell them your problem if the problem persists with another game it might actually be your dsi. i heard games with dsi features are actually region blocked.

DDRPenguin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, I went the store, had a replacement game, and the same problem occurred. I did some research and Pokemon Black and White Japanese versions seemed to be region blocked to American DSi systems. I wonder if this game having a DSi feature, is a vice versa case of region locking.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DDRPenguin said:
Yes, it does have a DSi feature, and this game is an American game, and it wont work on my Japanese DSi.

You kinda answered your own question, now didn't ya'?

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DDRPenguin said:
Well, me not being an expert on this stuff, I had to be sure and ask you guys about it. I really wanted to play this game, and now I cant >.>

Got a flash card?

DDRPenguin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Would be nice, but even if I did have one, the rom is not even out. This is a new release third party game, so I expect the dump to be slow in release.

I just tried the game on a regular DS...its a region lock for sure now. Its just Pokemon black and white Japanese not working on an American console, but backwards. Just saying a friendly BEWARE to those who have Japanese DSi systems.

EDIT: I solved my own problem. Using Action Replay DSi, I updated the firmware to 1.25, and it bypassed the region lock-out. According to their website, it supposed to allow Pokemon black and white and Professor layton to run. I tried it, and it worked, I was able to load Penguins of Madagascar on my Japanese DSi. I thought I would post this as a solution to anyone importing a game with DSi features, Action replay with 1.25 firmware is an avenue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.