PeerGurdian 2 is killing my wifi access? Solution?

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by Hanafuda, Feb 13, 2007.

Feb 13, 2007
  1. Hanafuda
    OP

Member Hanafuda GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Hey I just recently installed PeerGuardian 2, and set it running with the default (and up to date) lists - P2P, ADS, and SPYWARE. I assume it is doing the job its intended to do, but it also blocks my ability to access Nintendo wifi using the Ninty USB connector. I even tried removing the ADS and SPYWARE lists, since I've for AdAware for that anyway. But even with the P2P list running only it still gives me a black screen and an error code (61020). I am certain it is PG2 doing it, since when I reboot with the PG2 autoload function disabled, I can access wifi just fine.

Any ideas? Disabling the P2P list is not really an option.

2. wastedyeti

Newcomer wastedyeti Member

United States
    Man i dont think many people are running PG2 on this forum. I would try the peer guardian forum, there are some smart cookies in that forum and there always glad to help.

3. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    Uninstall PG2. Then all of your p2p programs.

4. blunty

Newcomer blunty Advanced Member

United States
    No problem here, but I don't use the usb wifi either. PG2 runs on a pc and my wifi goes through the router directly. I'm guessing PG2 is blocking the Nintendo server's ips. If you know where they need to go, perhaps you can unblock those and get going again.

5. Hanafuda
    OP

United States

you always this helpful?

6. Darkforce

Former Staff Darkforce DERP!

United Kingdom
    On PG2 you can create custom lists to which you can allow or block so look for Nintendos ip or any blocked ips that appear maybe and make a custom list from that? =)

7. Smuff

Member Smuff Fossilized Gamer

United Kingdom
    If you're not running any P2P in the background, is there any reason why you actually need to have PG2 running?
    Maybe if you stop all your P2P activity and switch off PG while you're playing online DS ?

8. Hanafuda
    OP

United States
    Actually for whatever reason, even if i disable pg2 the wifi connection still won't work. I can connect to my dongle, but can't get out. I have to reboot the machine to hook up to wifi. It sux.