diuqil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Greetings,

I have a peculiar problem, and I'm wondering if anybody has run into this situation or knows what I should do.

With quite a bit of hesitation, I updated my Wiikey yesterday. My wiikey is a possible clone (I bought it from DX).
I upgraded to 1.9 fine. Furthermore, bootdisc 1.3 works like a charm.

Now today, I decided I wanted to to go to 1.9g.

So:
1) I extract the update iso.
2) I filechop it to 1.4 gb
3) burn with image burn (this is the same process and media as when i updated yesterday)

I pop in the update disc and it does a test. It hits 100% and ask if I want to flash. I hit a key.

Right away, I get: Initializing Disc Error.

I reset the system. Thank God everything still works (original and back ups).

Do you know what could be the possible problems? I use Memerox DVDs for everything (bootdisc, update discs, games) and it hasn't given me problems.

Thank you for your help!

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Have you tried burning without using filechop?

It could be a bad burn, I haven't heard good things about memorex personally so I can't comment on the media except by hearsay.

try burning again without filechop and see if that works.

it did the "test" flash first, and was ready to proceed with the flash itself, which sounds fine, just it couldn't read the disc a second time.

i updated from 1.9b to 1.9g today myself, didn't filechop the iso just burnt with image burn at 2.4x

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's definitely a clone if you got it from dealextreme. A lot of people have claimed having problems with clones and updating. Some people on the other hand say there shouldn't be a problem with updating just becase it's a clone.

So it's hard to tell. I'm leaning towards the school of thought that clones can't be updated, though, due to the overwhelming ammount of people with them that are having trouble updating. But like I said it's honestly hard to tell.
Especially over the internet.

diuqil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good news. I reburned the iso without filechop and it worked like a charm. Now to test if games still work.

edit:
Everything works right now. I have yet to try SMG, I am backing up the game right now. Thanks Sekhu!

Atm, it seems my clone(?) is working 100% like the real deal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: