1. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Maniac

Argentina
    The D pads come too lose by default and the grinding of the sticks sucks your performance. Yes it can be fixed but it shouldn't come damaged to start with.

Nintendo Pro Controller sucks as much as knock off cheap playstation controllers.

Hence why most people who cares are either opening the thing to fix it or using a different controlller.

If you have a Gamecube controller, then the Pdobq adapter works for both Wii U and Switch.

2. LightyKD

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

United States
    These PDP controllers feel good in the hands. I hope they make a Yoshi variant.

3. DeoNaught

DeoNaught I'm here to steal memes and break dreams

United States
    Scalpers be like "Gotta go fast!"

4. Pipistrele

Pipistrele GBAtemp Fan

Russia
    Dreamcast-styled controller would be infinitely more fun though

5. Justeego

Justeego Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    This is false, this controller isn't made from Nintendo but from PDP, Nintendo lazily just released a carbon copy of the old controller minus good triggers.

While Pro Controller D-pad is broken for sure the GCC dpad isn't a good one either, considering most games use stick you won't play dpad fighting games with GCC anyway. Joycons are very poor controller indeed you should buy them only to replace older ones for portability, there is no excuse for your bad purchase, drifting stick develops after not many hours of use and it says all about the quality of joycons, they are serviceable for portability and extra controller but not good for playing many hours. Switch Pro Controller is the best controller out now, the shape, the quality, the battery, the features make it one of the best pad out there (not Switch only) but for sure it's expensive.

No

Clapmaster likes this.
  6. Clapmaster

Clapmaster GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Why so many Gamecube controllers lately? Someone should do a new pro controller that fixes the d-pad.

7. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Maniac

Argentina
    They work perfectly fine for Nintendo games.

I tend to play in portable mode with the things docked, so I needed a spare set just in case the ones I have break anyway.

I will get the Pdobq adapter that works for both Nintendo Switch and Wii U and use one of my Gamecube controllers if I ever want to play using a TV.

8. Justeego

Justeego Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    They are fine but far from good, Pro controller is the best controller, if you want to play budget because you can't afford or don't want to spend on one it doesn't mean it isn't the best controller out there, for sure better than wired GCC for general use (lack of buttons, high cost if you don't already have one)

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - controller, Nintendo, latest