PCE / TG 16 emulation on GBA?

Discussion in 'GBA - Emulation' started by housemonkey, Aug 7, 2007.

Aug 7, 2007
  1. housemonkey
    OP

Newcomer housemonkey Advanced Member

United States
    Is there anything out there that runs decently on a GBA or slot 2 for DS? I heard mention of one in the past that ran on GBA and could handle a few games well enough (supposedly)...

I have an EZ Flash IV on the GBA side, and a 3 in 1 expansion for the DSL.

Even playing Alien Crush would be nice I have to say. Any help would be welcome.

Also;

Anyone know if it’s worth looking into getting MP3’s running on the micro with that EZ IV (just to keep all the questions in one topic)

2. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    Search for a program called PCEadvance. It plays TurboGraphics games on slot2 flashcarts.

My Supercard miniSD has that emu built in to it. Too bad Supercard's suck for GBA games.....lotsa slowdown. They make a M3 miniSD that is supposed to play GBA games well and also has the emu built in.

Both those cards have built in emus for GB/GBC, Sega Master system/Game Gear, ColecoVision, NES and Turbographics.

3. housemonkey
    OP

United States
    Ah. Thank you for the quick reply.

I am on top of it.

4. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    You may even get away with superCD games as there was an EZ3 version with support for it (it needed the ram) and EZ4s share the same libraries as I recall.

MP3, no chance with something like the play-yan. Some of the existing music players work pretty well though.

5. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Yeah, no way to decode mp3 files on the GBA, but you can convert them to another format first. I recommend the GBA GSM Player by Tepples. First convert your files to high-quality WAVE files through something like Wavepad, then use the GSM Player batch file to turn them into GSM files that are automatically compiled into a *.gba file.

6. housemonkey
    OP

United States
    Thank you very much for the responses.

I managed to get quite a few of the PCE games going.... [​IMG]

Cheers!

7. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    I had gutted the audio off it and had Ys Book 1+2 SuperCD working on my old F2A 256USB when I had it. Was damn fun, lacked the amazing soundtrack, but all the sound effects and basic jingles were just DPCM which was on the data side of the CD (and the emulator supported) so that helped.