RiderLeangle

OP
Trophies
Website
ridersrealm.b1.jcink.com
XP
Country
United States
So I cleaned my computer out with compressed air, when I turned it on it booted up, I logged into windows then it froze, I tried to reboot and then it doesn't turn on, no post screen, no windows, power must be working since everything seems to be working, fans boot up, lights on my motherboard and ram come on.
It's giving an AO or RO or something on the mobo if that means anything
20150211_230724.jpg

I didn't touch anything but the outside of the case so pretty sure I didn't fry anything, and for similar reasoning of not touching anything I don't think I disconnected anything. I tried unplugging and replugging some things but that didn't help.

build:

GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-UD3H LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

Intel Core i7-4770 Haswell Quad-Core 3.4GHz LGA 1150 84W Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX80646I74770

CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000) Desktop Memory Model

SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold ((SS-650KM Active PFC F3)) 650W ATX12V V2.3/EPS 12V V2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Active PFC Power Supply New 4th Gen CPU Certified Haswell Ready

GIGABYTE GV-N660OC-2GD G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX 660 2GB 192-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Samsung Electronics 840 Pro Series 2.5-Inch 256 GB SATA 6GB/s Solid State Drive MZ-7PD256BW

Windows 7 professional installed on that

also in there is a 2tb seagate baracuda and a 1 tb wd green but those aren't system files holding

Zanoab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remove everything but the motherboard, cpu, memory, and power supply. If it turns on, put in the GPU and if it still works, reconnect your hard drives.

NAND0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do what above poster said.
Personally when I had this problem, I had to reseat my gpu and network card. Blowing out dust while they're disconnected first. Seems that dust got blown into the pci slots and was causing problems.
Also if your mobo gives you beeps on startup, look online for beep codes for your mobo.
If nothing works still and you want a sure diagnosis, use a POST tester. They're fairly cheap

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
If it's anything like my Asus mobo (don't have time to check whilst at work) then A0 is its normal operational state. That means it's probably something to do with the graphics card.

As above, reseat the graphics card and see if it works. You can also try plugging the monitor into the integrated graphics ports on the back panel of the motherboard. If that doesn't work, try clearing CMOS and trying again (there might be a button on the MoBo or on the back panel that makes it easier).

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
According to the user's manual for your motherboard A0 seems to indicate that it's started initializing IDE. I'm not completely sure what that means in terms of whether or not it's working alright or not, but it could be worth having a look at IDE/SATA cables to see that they're connected properly.

Edit: Obviously you should try to get a picture from your GPU first (onboard or other).

RiderLeangle

OP
Trophies
Website
ridersrealm.b1.jcink.com
XP
Country
United States
Well tried the unplug everything but bare basics, got signs of life, plugged in SSD, got signs of windows, plugged everything else SATA back in got into windows and tried graphics card and somehow working, not clue what the fuck happened but glad everything is working now. Thanks for the help everyone

Catastrophic

Perfectly Normal
Trophies
XP
Country
Sometimes dust and dirt can prevent contact on a pin on one of your components. There are a lot of pins and just one of them needs to fail so problems like these aren't too uncommon.

Also, that seven segment display is a Dr.Debug and displays a different value depending on what the problem is.

sandytf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In general, one of the best things to try when you detect unexplainable behavior is to completely unplug the computer (including power, Ethernet, video, etc.) and then wait up to 30 minutes. Once you are done waiting, plug everything back in and try the system again. Sometimes, various components in a computer can have bad voltage levels and you need to full power off the system so the capacitors can completely discharge. Also, some systems (although I've only seen it in laptops) have a safety feature where if anything problematic is detected, the system prevents booting for either a set period of time or until a particular component has been removed and re-seated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended