[PC & Wii] Werid mym.ini config transfer to --> mym when unextracted

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by petethepug, May 8, 2016.

1. petethepug
    OP

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    Alright,

So I was lately researching seeing the best way to get custom themes for the Wii. It appears that services similar to MyMenu, and MiiTheme can add a .app folder in a MYM File, and then change it into a CSM File for your regions Wii.

I looked, and researched and I noticed the only legitmate way I can actually go in, and select a MYM File is if it is in a .ZIP File, or any other type of file compressor service for a PC (On Windows 7.), and I do not know what is causing the issue.

The only thing I thought about why this is happening is because my Windows Computer gets a lot of other files, and those "Other files" are telling it to change into a MYM File, and not a mym.ini still.

When I try selecting the MYM File:
    Capture.PNG
    It shows no mym File
    But when I am in the folder not looking for it, with Mymenu, or Miitheme

Capture1.PNG
    There's the MYM File Config

When its in a ZIP, or Compressed File;
    Capture2.PNG

As you can see its a MYM.ini Folder in a compressed file which I need to extract the contents of a MYM, to a CSM.

When I look for the ZIP Folder it does not show.

The only solution I could think of was using a different compressed file service such as WINRAR but I just want to ask the community before I give myself a headache :wacko:.

Thanks guys, many wow, :D

I figured out the issue but it was slightly complicated in terms of this issue.
    Basically; the mym.ini is a Windows "Configuration Settings" File. When its supposed to be a MYM File. I find this a little trippy considering I have never encountered this problem before...

So it may be possible still but I will just have to find out.

Last edited by petethepug, May 9, 2016
  2. petethepug
    OP

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    Removed due to inaccurate info

Last edited by petethepug, May 9, 2016