PC Version of Metal Gear Rising Not Ruled Out Yet

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

When Metal Gear Rising (originally under the title Metal Gear Solid: Rising) was announced two years ago, it listed the Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and PC as platforms for release. However, since undergoing a major refit at the hands of Platinum Games, the Raiden-exclusive adventure seems to be cut (pun somewhat intended) from the PC. However, not all hope is lost, as a PC version may still be in the cards.

Creative producer at Kojima Games, Yuji Korekado, in a recent interview with Eurogamer, stated that the PC version has neither been confirmed or cancelled. Instead, the team is hard at work on the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 versions, and a decision will be made after the completion of the console versions.

Fans have also supported the push for a PC version, with Korekado now looking into a potential PC release more. However, it would be some time after the console releases though.

PC games have not generally been in Platinum Games' history however. Most of their released games, such as Bayonetta, Vanquish, and Anarchy Reigns, have remained exclusive to the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. Other titles, such as MadWorld and Infinite Space, have been exclusive to the Wii and DS respectively. Could this be the maiden voyage for Platinum Games on the PC?

:arrow: Source

D

Deleted_171835

Fuck this, I want Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection PC.

Although I guess Metal Gear Rising wouldn't be so bad. HD Collection first, though.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if a keyboard and mouse would be the ideal control method for an action game like this, so I could understand why (along with general inexperience) Platinum Games would be hesitant about a PC port. They should just make the game solid, first and foremost.

Still, I'm glad to hear that's its chances are rising.

Reactions: 6 people

kevan

Imagination rules the world
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm not sure if a keyboard and mouse would be the ideal control method for an action game like this, so I could understand why (along with general inexperience) Platinum Games would be hesitant about a PC port. They should just make the game solid, first and foremost.

Damnit I live for the day a news article comes along with no possible pun at all!

On Topic: I'd like to see a PC release. Not because I'll get it :P But because it's always nice to have some new developers... as long as they dont use strict DRM -_-

D

Deleted_171835

Because you can't use a controller on a PC?

Reactions: 1 person

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Because you can't use a controller on a PC?

That's always possible, but they'd still have to develop around and accommodate the keyboard and mouse. It wouldn't exactly be good form to leave the game unplayable with the default PC gaming controller.

Sly 3 4 me

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd prefer playing them all in HD, but at least they're considering releasing this on the PC currently, which shows a bit of hope for the future (However small that may be).

D

Deleted_171835

That's always possible, but they'd still have to develop around and accommodate the keyboard and mouse. It wouldn't exactly be good form to leave the game unplayable with the default PC gaming controller.
Developing around the keyboard and mouse isn't a reason to not do a PC port, there are plenty of games that don't fit well with keyboard/mouse controls (the many racing games for instance) and require a controller to be played properly.

I'd prefer playing them all in HD, but at least they're considering releasing this on the PC currently, which shows a bit of hope for the future (However small that may be).
HD? You don't game in HD on the PC?

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Developing around the keyboard and mouse isn't a reason to not do a PC port, there are plenty of games that don't fit well with keyboard/mouse controls (the many racing games for instance) and require a controller to be played properly.

And I only said that it might make them hesitant about the transition, not that it would (or should) stop them altogether (I generally don't like that sort of set up, but that's neither here nor there.). So...

D

Deleted_171835

And I only said that it might make them hesitant about the transition, not that it would (or should) stop them altogether (I generally don't like that sort of set up, but that's neither here nor there.). So...
Don't really see how it would make them hesitant over something as simple as that. Not wanting to devote development resources to something that might not make any money is a valid reason. Afraid of having shitty keyboard/mouse controls isn't.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because they wouldn't want to deliver a flawed product? Because it's something they've never quite tackled before? Hesitation doesn't necessarily require complexity.

Also, it's not as if I gave that as the only possible reason the company might be hesitant, and it all lead into a lame pun. This just seems like a particularly inane nitpick.

D

Deleted_171835

Because they wouldn't want to deliver a flawed product? Because it's something they've never quite tackled before? Hesitation doesn't necessarily require complexity.

Also, it's not as if I gave that as the only possible reason the company might be hesitant, and it all lead into a lame pun. This just seems like a particularly inane nitpick.
It's not a flawed product if the style of the game simply doesn't work with the keyboard/mouse. I'm just pointing out that one of your reasons doesn't make much sense.

Sly 3 4 me

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's not a flawed product if the style of the game simply doesn't work with the keyboard/mouse. I'm just pointing out that one of your reasons doesn't make much sense.

I believe you know what I was getting at. ;)

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Just, it would definitely be weird if they ever make a PC game that can only use a game pad.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wth Lords Of Shadow 2 getting a pc release I would like to think the same could happen with Rising

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol