Hacking PC Utils to view games on SD card?

MadBob

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just wondering if there is a PC util to read the contents of the Wii SD card and show the games saved on there?

MadBob

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I wish it were that easy
smile.gif

MadBob

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
here is a selection of the folder names under X:\private\wii\title

REXP
REDP
HAZA
WKDE
WBXP
WERP
WVCE
WBZE

and in each folder is a file called content.bin

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Game Code Structure:
1st letter = System (R = Wii) (N = N64)
2nd letter = Game Name (Z for Zelda)
3rd letter = Game Name (D for Zelda)
4th letter = Language (E = English)

A full, working game code is made up of 4 characters. Using just the above 3 characters as your game code will not work.

Here's a full example code for Zelda: RZDE
R = Wii
Z = Zelda
D = Zelda
E = English
The 4th character (RZDE) is a region identifier (see below).

Region Identifiers
E - USA
J - Japan
P - PAL Region

So a Japanese Zelda save would be RZDJ instead of RZDE

so its a case of figuring out the middle two would be handy if there was a website that had a master list or something or is there?

MadBob

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
These are games that I have copied from Wii memory to SD and I wondered if anyone had written a small app that reads the folder names and show exactly what games are on there instead of manually working it out (or sticking it in the Wii)

Lazy?
smile.gif

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you own the games, the code will be on the back of the box above the barcode. If you don't the barcode should be in the ISO somewhere if you can be arsed to extract them and search them.
Not to forget if you move each save over one by one (which would be incredibly slow), you'll know which ones they are.

Sometimes the code can be found by just typing it into Google (rare though). Annnd there is a small list over at wiisave.com:
http://www.wiisave.com/gamecodes/index.php

For now, there isn't a better way of doing it than manually though, as that's what I do painstakingly every time I want to back up my saves.

Hope that helped
smile.gif

MadBob

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Don't know if it makes a difference these are NOT save games, they are Games saved onto SD (VC and WiiWare)

MadBob

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I download a VC or WiiWare game into the Wii memory, then I copy them to the SD using the Wii and delete them from my Wii memory until I want to play them again. they are transferred over by the Wii into a predetermined folder structure.

MadBob

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I should explain why I want to view on PC, I have 30+ games stored on my SD card and already it is a pain reading through them by using the tooltip to see what they are.

if there were a way of checking the card on a PC and creating a list of games (maybe printed out with icon and title) I could keep better track of what I have, it is bad enought now and as soon as I get my 4gig (non sdhc) card and start loading it up I will lose the will to live.
smile.gif

A Wii util that dumped the game_id and game_name to a text file would be good enough for me to edit into any format I wanted on my PC, especially if it could do this in batch for all the games stored on SD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended