pc to usb to wii. Why so big?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by blackbrawler, May 9, 2009.

May 9, 2009
  1. blackbrawler
    OP

Newcomer blackbrawler Member

United States
    When transferring a game from the pc to the usb then playing it on the wii with usb loader why is their such a large size? I know that a dvd is 4.7gb but when dumping a game straight from the cd to the wii it is usually signifigantly smaller. Is there a way to get the same size from an iso file that i do when i dump a game straight to usb from the wii?

Also why has Gbatempt wiki been down for so long. I want to see the usb compatibility list.

2. Nintendo_Chick

Member Nintendo_Chick GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Retard land is that way -->

3. Chaos Punk

Member Chaos Punk GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It's actually 4.37 Gigs, not 4.7, but to answer your question, sometimes games ACTUALLY use ALL of that 4.37, the size is always the same wether you dump it directly from the disc or install from a PC. Look at Metroid Prime 3, it uses almost all of the space, if you install with both methods it will be the same. If you install Wii Sports both ways, you'll see that it's around 800 MB, or .8 gigs (I think that's the size of it, I forget). Point is, there is no difference, you just happen to be installing large games from pc and small games from the disc.

4. Captin

Newcomer Captin Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    If you use WBFS Intelligent GUI to transfer games to your USB hard drive straight from your PC dvd drive they will be the same size as adding games using the Wii. Most games are a lot smaller than 4.37Gb.