PC to DS

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Stryk3r, Dec 1, 2006.

Dec 1, 2006

PC to DS by Stryk3r at 11:12 PM (868 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Stryk3r

Member Stryk3r GBAtemp Regular

Oct 8, 2003
    United Kingdom
    First of all, hello.

It's been a long time out, but I just bought my DS Lite today [​IMG] and figured it'll be a good time to re-enter the 'scene' as it were. I sat back and played to my heart's content as GBA emulation was hugely successful. However I saw this coming when DS emulation was considered something out of reach for a few years which prompted my spending on this nifty little machine with Advance Wars DS no less.

Anyways for the sake of future games to be released on the DS (Pokemon D/P) I was wondering if there was anyway possible to rig up a connection between my DS and my PC for trading purposes, sad yes, but consider the 20 year-old walking up to a kid and asking for a Pokemon trade, we can all do without this mental image. [​IMG]

I haven't done much research into the DS it was what I might call an impulse purchase, but from the little I gathered, it's wifi function should allow some connection between the two machines and I saw a USB link in the store as well.

All in all what I just said might have already answered my question and if this question has been answered multiple times on the forum then I apologise.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I'm also unsure whether I've broken any forum rules in this post.
  2. sixb0nes

Member sixb0nes GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2006
    I don't think it's possible, but I think you can transfer pokemon from the gba games to d/p, through the 'gba linkage' function of most flash carts. Hrm.
  3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Pokemon D/P has wifi (as in internet connection) options but I am unsure if it is trading is a possibility.

You appear to be searching for a tunneling program of which there were/are a few in development but nothing has been heard for ages and some were revealed as fakes.
  4. xilo

Newcomer xilo Advanced Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Yes, Pokemon DS have both WiFi trading and WiFi battling.