Homebrew PC to DS Transfer

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I do not think so. But it is possible.

The transfer time rate would be an extremely long time though.

Just look at DSOrganize's demo download.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSFTP turns your DS into an FTP server. Connect to it with an FTP client on your computer and transfer away. Requires you to create some configuration files first, and transfers at about 30 kb/s tops.

DSLinux also has ftp, telnet, ssh, and SAMBA support so it can show up in Windows's "My Network Places" area. DSLinux tends to be faster at wifi transfers than most other DS homebrew, but still relatively slow, less than 100 KB/s.

I've also used HTTPexec in the past. I have it setup to connect to "http://MYURL.com/download.nds" and when I want to transfer a file over, I rename it to download.nds and upload it to my host. Not the best method, but it works for temprary transfers.

OneMichael

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
atomicat.com
XP
Country
Canada
ROMs from the PC to the DS over WiFi? Isn't that WiFiMe?
Is that method of loading so old that the younger generation has forgotten all about it?

(Although you might mean that you want to download it to your card, which is something you can't do with wifime. So... DSFTP or such.)

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OneMichael said:
ROMs from the PC to the DS over WiFi? Isn't that WiFiMe?
Is that method of loading so old that the younger generation has forgotten all about it?

You're thinking of WMB, Wireless MultiBoot, which only works with certain wifi cards and doesn't support DLDI since you can only load the one .nds binary directly to RAM. It requires FlashMe installed if you want to load your own homebrew programs, otherwise you can only load officially signed Nintendo demos. WifiMe is the process of using WMB to trick the DS into booting a slot-2 device in DS mode, basically a wireless PassMe. WifiMe doesn't work on any DS later than firmware version 3, while WMB should still work on all DS systems. But yeah, haven't seen anyone use it in a long time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr