Pc Headset help

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a headset for my pc today because a few years ago i had one and did a lot of recording and stuff with it and I want to do that again. However, I have tried my friends and my own headset and the problems seems to be with my computers. When I plug the headset into one computer, the voice is quiet and barley picks up. The only way it will is if I put it right next to my mouth which gives it a really annoying sound of wind all the time. When I plug it in to my other pc the sound is great. the mic picks up my voice perfectly but there is constantly an annoying buzzing in the background when you play it back. What can I do? Am I screwed or what?

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm not an expert, but have you tried tinkering with the sound settings? It's usually the little speaker in the tray. Or you can mess around with the settings in the control panel. You can set mic booster and such. I don't really know if this will help though, but it is picking up something and will work better on one computer but not the other.

Lewigi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
In the quiet one, go to the loudspeaker in the bottom right of your screen. look for microphone there, if u can't see it then click the options and view it. then tick the "microphone boost" box and that should solve it.
If you are using a different audio codec/program (i.e. i am using realtek), Then just open that up from the taskbar in the bottom right and look for it there. It will sometimes come under the "mixers" menu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: