OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have never gamed on the PC so I don't know, but it looks alot better on the PC (from what I can see).
So what are other people's opinions on this?

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
PC is outstanding for playing retro games from PSX/N64 era and back. PC is also great if you are looking into the shooter, strategic genres and such. If you have the money, you need a high end Graphic Card to fully enjoy what a PC game is meant to be.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
PC is outstanding for playing retro games from PSX/N64 era and back. PC is also great if you are looking into the shooter, strategic genres and such. If you have the money, you need a high end Graphic Card to fully enjoy what a PC game is meant to be.

Not really. a 7900GS is a decent card and can be bought for as low as $120.

User200

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PC gaming kicks ass. I love rpgs, but never tried MMOs cause i don't want to pay to play, although i might change my mind. It does cost quiet a lot to maintain a up to date system. especially for online gaming. Last thing you want is bad frame rate in a massive battle.

D

Deleted User

I was going to get a PS3 but invested the money in a PC. I'm so glad I did. I recently saw a PS3 in action and was less than impressed.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PC has the best homebrew scene. Except its not a homebrew scene.

PC gaming is much better than console gaming. I have an 8500GT. It costs like 50$. I run Gears, TF2, and every other game I care about at high framerates.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil

PC gaming is much better than console gaming. I have an 8500GT. It costs like 50$. I run Gears, TF2, and every other game I care about at high framerates.

More like average frames. An 8500GT is nothing special
tongue.gif

mojoex

Trophies
Website
ordaria.net
XP
Country

tongue.gif
lol im with you on that.

PC gaming will always be better for shooters and related action/adventure games.
racing games are good providing you have a controller..
i use the 360 wireless controller for games like Trackmania Nations and Colin Mcrae Dirt etc.
these days you can spend about £600 on a complete system and get decent frame rates in every game around.

PC will always be better for online gaming also.

but consoles have that pick up and play advantage.
PC's are for more serious gaming.

HellShade

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PC is outstanding for playing retro games from PSX/N64 era and back. PC is also great if you are looking into the shooter, strategic genres and such. If you have the money, you need a high end Graphic Card to fully enjoy what a PC game is meant to be.

Not really. a 7900GS is a decent card and can be bought for as low as $120.

i got an 8600GT for $99

QUOTE(User200 @ Feb 3 2008, 03:18 AM)PC gaming kicks ass. I love rpgs, but never tried MMOs cause i don't want to pay to play, although i might change my mind. It does cost quiet a lot to maintain a up to date system. especially for online gaming. Last thing you want is bad frame rate in a massive battle.
There are free servers for popular p2p mmos (such as ragnarok, lineage, and wow)
Guild Wars is f2p as long as you purchase a CD key.
There are also many good free mmos. You just gotta find them.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
PC gaming is great but you might need a graphics card. Call of Duty 4 plays well on my ATI HD 2400XT I got for $50 from Newegg. I'm so glad I got it too because I want to kill the Intel integrated chipset that was already in it.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil

tongue.gif
It isn't. But it still dishes out 60 framerate/s which is what my refresh rate is set to.

Glad it suits your needs.

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When I was 8 I made a breakout clone for PC, and this is why the PC gaming scene is so much better. It's very easy for end users to create their own games, or to modify pro games. You can also have much higher resolutions with PCs, use just about every kind of controller, customize those controls, play online for free....

It's more expensive than consoles, but worth it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1