Gaming PC GamePad?

Akeno Hayashi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone tell me any good gamepads for pc? less than 40 dollars. I don't mind if it is corded or likes vibration I just want something of good quality

Akeno Hayashi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yay!! that's the one I ordered from amazon but it was taking too long to ship so I bought one from radioshack. I'm new to pc gaming.. I bought borderland but the radioshack controller is messed up. The analog stick its like instead of going down it goes up and vice versa
EDIT: 24.99 plus shipping from amazon

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is probably an option in the game or joypad options for invert look or something like that which you should uncheck to avoid that (it is similar to plane controls which some people like).

Anyhow my suggestion for game pads is most current console controllers work with not too much effort and older ones tend to have adapters if you favour them.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have PSX gamepad adapter for Windows 7 and it works perfectly fine. I had been used it for over 2 years.
smile.gif

Akeno Hayashi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well we have a few ps3 controllers but a friend told me that xbox360 controlles are really easy to use on a pc.. as for borderlands.. its not the settings that are wrong because it does it in the system menu also. I think its the controller it self

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
DO NOT get the Call of Duty PC Gamepad by Saitek. That thing is seriously flawed.

The control stick maxes out the sensors at just 3/4 of the way, and none of the bottons register after being held down for more than... 60 seconds.

No wonder TigerDirect had it on sale.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
FAST6191 said:
Anyhow my suggestion for game pads is most current console controllers work with not too much effort and older ones tend to have adapters if you favour them.
Same here. Adapters for PS2 controllers are easy and driver-less, and you can get the controllers kinda' cheap.

EJames2100

Trophies
XP
Country
Agreed with above, I use a 360 Wireless controller and it works great once configured.
Only complaint is that when using it to move the mouse, it's just not as fast as a mouse.

haohmaru6

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For my money, I've been using for years a Saitek gamepad (not the call of duty one mentioned earlier.)
The one I have is a P2500, with 6 buttons on surface (I play fighting games online a lot,) 2 shoulder triggers, 2 analog sticks, etc.

The newer version, which is the p2600, has 4 shoulder triggers instead of 2.

The P2500 / P2600 are the rumble versions.

The P880 is the non rumble version. It has 2 shoulder triggers.
The P990 is the non rumble version. It has 4 shoulder triggers.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Fishaman P said:
DO NOT get the Call of Duty PC Gamepad by Saitek. That thing is seriously flawed.

The control stick maxes out the sensors at just 3/4 of the way, and none of the bottons register after being held down for more than... 60 seconds.
One word: calibration.

As far as gamepads go, getting a wired Xbox 360 gamepad seems like the easiest option. They're very cheap, familiar to gamers, and generally reliable. Not to mention game devs are increasingly supporting them.

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
I use a wired 360 controller, i also use a sixaxis controller (if i'm playing PS1/2 games or need a wireless gamepad)

Akeno Hayashi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well thanks a lot but I prefer to use things that are made with a specific purpose.. plus I don't have a 360 just a ps3. Buying an xboc control would run me about the same as a control specifically designed for pc

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use a old Saitek "Rumble Force". Its worked great for my Emulation needs and (don't judge me) Minecraft. Tip: If a game doesn't support gamepads. Just download some software called xpadder and it lets you map gamepad buttons to keyboard keys.
biggrin.gif

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
marcus134 said:

You're a sick person for suggesting using a PS3 controller when it isn't absolutely necessary.

The best PC gamepad you can get for the price is a wired 360 controller. Plugs right in and works. However they're like $50 or something. But if you want something that isn't a piece of shit, prepare to spend more then $40.

For $40 I can suggest taping a cord to a rock and gluing some twigs and buttons* to that.

*buttons as in shirt/pant buttons...not a pressable button.

overslept

WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WORLD
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trust me, you want a Logitech F710. Everyone should have a chance to try one
happy.gif

Their d-pads are amazing (looks can be deceiving! It looks like a 360 controller's d-pad, but it feels nothing like one), the vibration support works with most games, it comes with Xinput and Dinput out of the box which was a major selling point for me, it's wireless with great battery life, it's comfortable, and it's cheap.

Works great with games that support Xinput (Alice, Dirt 3, Bioshock, and much more) and is great for games that play better on a pad then a keyboard. Also works nice with emulators!

Don't believe me? Read the reviews.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hells Malice said:
marcus134 said:

You're a sick person for suggesting using a PS3 controller when it isn't absolutely necessary.

The best PC gamepad you can get for the price is a wired 360 controller. Plugs right in and works. However they're like $50 or something. But if you want something that isn't a piece of shit, prepare to spend more then $40.

For $40 I can suggest taping a cord to a rock and gluing some twigs and buttons* to that.

*buttons as in shirt/pant buttons...not a pressable button.

Here in 'murrica they run around 30 bucks for a wired one.

However, I would MUCH more suggest modifying an original Xbox controller to use a USB port (super easy if you can solder, the Xbox cord is a USB cord with a proprietary connector + 1 wire (yellow), not needed. Pinout is then the same as USB, just put a normal USB male end on it) or buying an adapter. I like the feel of certain original Xbox controllers much better. Then, you just need to use the xbcd drivers (which can be a pain to find or get working for 64 bit installs, but definitely doable.)

But less hassle with a 360 controller.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Afterglow xbox 360 controller. $30, natively supported in TONS of pc games, conplete with on-screen buttons.

I have a 360 Afterglow for my PC (360 gamepad), a Afterglow for my PS3, and afterglows for my Wii. I swear by them, they are much cheaper than first party and just as good imo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night