Homebrew Emulator PC Engine Arcade CD-ROM² games injecting on Wii Virtual Console?

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
OP
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hello world of GBAtemp!!!

I saw in another forums about the posibility of injecting TurboGrafx-16 / PC Engine Arcade CD-ROM² / ARcade CD-ROM2 (or just Arcade CD) games (those games which require the Arcade Card for run) in the "official" emulator of the PSP / PlayStation Portable, specifically in the emulators of the Japanese game "Ginga Ojousama Densetsu Collection".
Original thread can be shown here: https://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=41526&p=379589

So, I was wondering if the same procedure of ROM injection can be done with PCE Arcade CD games on PC Engine CD Wii Virtual Console WADs... Can this be done with other games such "Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire"?

I tried some things such enabling arcade function by adding "arcade,1" in the end of the HCD file and even setting up "ARCADE=1" in the config.ini file but i couldn't get it working...

Anyone knows how to make the Arcade CD games working on Wii VC WADs?

I don't want to use homebrew emulators, i prefer Virtual Console emulators instead.

Greetings

EDIT: Looking in the 00000001.app of a PCE CD Japanese WAD i found these "hidden" setting of ARCADE=
upload_2021-6-24_18-11-30.png

EDIT2: Knowing that the Super CD-ROM2 format uses 256 kB (262.144 bytes) of RAM memory, and its hex values are 00 04 00 00, is there any way for "replace" the maximum RAM memory used in the 00000001.app (main.dol/emulator) of the WAD for modify it for use 2 MB (2048 kB) or even 2,25 MB (2304 kB)?

Last edited by SaulFabre,

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
OP
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hello world of GBAtemp!!!

I saw in another forums about the posibility of injecting TurboGrafx-16 / PC Engine Arcade CD-ROM² / ARcade CD-ROM2 (or just Arcade CD) games (those games which require the Arcade Card for run) in the "official" emulator of the PSP / PlayStation Portable, specifically in the emulators of the Japanese game "Ginga Ojousama Densetsu Collection".
Original thread can be shown here: https://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=41526&p=379589

So, I was wondering if the same procedure of ROM injection can be done with PCE Arcade CD games on PC Engine CD Wii Virtual Console WADs... Can this be done with other games such "Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire"?

I tried some things such enabling arcade function by adding "arcade,1" in the end of the HCD file and even setting up "ARCADE=1" in the config.ini file but i couldn't get it working...

Anyone knows how to make the Arcade CD games working on Wii VC WADs?

I don't want to use homebrew emulators, i prefer Virtual Console emulators instead.

Greetings

EDIT: Looking in the 00000001.app of a PCE CD Japanese WAD i found these "hidden" setting of ARCADE=
View attachment 268004

EDIT2: Knowing that the Super CD-ROM2 format uses 256 kB (262.144 bytes) of RAM memory, and its hex values are 00 04 00 00, is there any way for "replace" the maximum RAM memory used in the 00000001.app (main.dol/emulator) of the WAD for modify it for use 2 MB (2048 kB) or even 2,25 MB (2304 kB)?
I couldn't find a solution for this yet...

Please, use an emulator of it instead...

A good emulator for PCE Arcade CD games is Beetle PCE Fast, from https://gbatemp.net/threads/my-coll...-for-some-best-wii-homebrew-emulators.591509/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: oh yeah also DLSS is a pretty solid reason to go nvidia since fidelityfx is kinda crap