ROM Hack WIP PC Dragonball Xenoverse 2 Mods on Switch

Light_Strategist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Stop trying to use PC version mods on the Switch version. They aren't the same offsets at all and tools have to be remade specifically with the Switch version instead. Back when I could get this working, all I could do was super soul mods and those only worked because it was possible to get the Switch version offsets and account for the differences in game data. Now the mods don't work on the latest version even after accounting for the changes in the game updates. I haven't been able to find out why they no longer work but now most mods aren't going to work.

That's kinda weird because it's not exactly all of them that run the errors, just a few of the clothing replacements. Stuff like the animated tails work fine for example. (Noting one of them because it's the Super Saiyan 4 bust with an attached tail to it)

But otherwise, fair enough. I'll note which ones I need to remove when I get up. Thanks for the insight.

supermariorick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do u even do this??? data cpk files??? What are those???
don't worry about it. it doesn't work anymore at the moment. until we can figure out how to not only properly edit these files again but also have the game recognize them again using LayeredFS, currently these mods aren't going to work right now. I tried everything myself that I did before - getting all the data.cpk files in the romfs, extracting data2.cpk, editing some files for testing, repacking data2.cpk. While I was indeed able to edit the files and all that it was all fruitless and wasted effort because the game doesn't swap out the large cpk files in the romfs using LayeredFS anymore for some reason. Until we can figure out why LayeredFS fails for this game or can come up with some sort of circumvention where files inside data2.cpk can be swapped with files inside a folder on the SD card or something (very similar to how mods on PC work), all of this doesn't work on the latest version of the game and more research will have to be done. In the meantime, I've been spending time on reversing the mapping of save data and seeing how far that can be taken.

Light_Strategist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
don't worry about it. it doesn't work anymore at the moment. until we can figure out how to not only properly edit these files again but also have the game recognize them again using LayeredFS, currently these mods aren't going to work right now. I tried everything myself that I did before - getting all the data.cpk files in the romfs, extracting data2.cpk, editing some files for testing, repacking data2.cpk. While I was indeed able to edit the files and all that it was all fruitless and wasted effort because the game doesn't swap out the large cpk files in the romfs using LayeredFS anymore for some reason. Until we can figure out why LayeredFS fails for this game or can come up with some sort of circumvention where files inside data2.cpk can be swapped with files inside a folder on the SD card or something (very similar to how mods on PC work), all of this doesn't work on the latest version of the game and more research will have to be done. In the meantime, I've been spending time on reversing the mapping of save data and seeing how far that can be taken.

I find it funny that some simplistic mods like the animated tails work still. Granted, it's not very much, but it is something.

xXx_m3m3l0rd_xXx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for some apparent reason whenever i try to click the link for the xenoverse tools it gives me a 404 not found

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

whenever i try to install the xenoverse mod tools it comes up as 404 not found plz help respond quickly plz

Light_Strategist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It might be because the use of PC mods was a temporary solution until they can get a suitable alternative for Switch based mods. It's possible that they took the tools down because using them is now considered outdated.

Light_Strategist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What mods do you have installed that work?
Off the top of my head I can only remember the animated tail. I'd go back on to check for you but my Switch's SD card reader' seems to have been pushed somewhat back into the system and it won't properly read the SD card without the card being held in. I've been trying to sort something out about that but it's going a little slowly so I doubt I could check anytime soon.

xNightx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I managed to get Lazybone's Transformation mod working except for the textures and auras

Can you make me a totourial for lazybones i know auras wont work but the transformations are working

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Stop trying to use PC version mods on the Switch version. They aren't the same offsets at all and tools have to be remade specifically with the Switch version instead. Back when I could get this working, all I could do was super soul mods and those only worked because it was possible to get the Switch version offsets and account for the differences in game data. Now the mods don't work on the latest version even after accounting for the changes in the game updates. I haven't been able to find out why they no longer work but now most mods aren't going to work.

Can you send me the suoer souls mod pls?

Savion_123x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I need help with a transformation mod for xenoverse 2 for my cac anyone know how to do it in new to this and kinda of slow and I'm only 14 and I'm on the nintendo switch any help

Light_Strategist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Any way to add transformation skills to the switch version and if so how would I do it?
Not yet since it's only really cosmetic stuff that works. I remember trying with movesets back when I was able to and all that happened was it playing the moveset's animation with the mechanics for the character I'd try applying it to. Basically imagine using Vegito's throwing forward animation but with the Saiyan Female throwing directly downward.

I'm hoping a solution's found soon though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s