ROM Hack WIP PC Dragonball Xenoverse 2 Mods on Switch

supermariorick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally figured out how to get a romfs with the latest game updated files. you need the biggest base game nca dumped from your game as well as your biggest game update nca dumped from the latest version update for Xenoverse 2 then you use hactool and point to the base romfs as well as the updates to the romfs and it will give you a dumped romfs folder with all the updated latest game files (especially the ones packed into the now updated data.cpk!)
these details are important for proper extraction and should be added to the original post. Hopefully this should fast track and help with the research for modding this game on the latest version.

edit: just found something very important
it seems data1.cpk is replaced with data_d6_dlc_patch.cpk after the romfs folder is updated with the new files. interesting

edit2: apparently data2.cpk is still called data2.cpk however it is now around 600 mb meaning it is filled with update data as well which likely means it may be that we can no longer use dummy files however it may be possible to repack the dlc patch cpk with mods as it is still smaller

edit3: SUPER SOUL MODS ON THE LATEST VERSION TESTED AND WORKING (with a few bugs but nothing major. sometimes have to restart because of random freezes but no save corruption. a few more tweaks and it can be ready for anyone to do)

Attachments

• JPEG_20180724_211143.jpg
    JPEG_20180724_211143.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 466
Last edited by supermariorick,
Reactions: reyharkyon

Kalf2112

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I finally figured out how to get a romfs with the latest game updated files. you need the biggest base game nca dumped from your game as well as your biggest game update nca dumped from the latest version update for Xenoverse 2 then you use hactool and point to the base romfs as well as the updates to the romfs and it will give you a dumped romfs folder with all the updated latest game files (especially the ones packed into the now updated data.cpk!)
these details are important for proper extraction and should be added to the original post. Hopefully this should fast track and help with the research for modding this game on the latest version.

edit: just found something very important
it seems data1.cpk is replaced with data_d6_dlc_patch.cpk after the romfs folder is updated with the new files. interesting

edit2: apparently data2.cpk is still called data2.cpk however it is now around 600 mb meaning it is filled with update data as well which likely means it may be that we can no longer use dummy files however it may be possible to repack the dlc patch cpk with mods as it is still smaller

edit3: SUPER SOUL MODS ON THE LATEST VERSION TESTED AND WORKING (with a few bugs but nothing major. sometimes have to restart because of random freezes but no save corruption. a few more tweaks and it can be ready for anyone to do)
Yo dude, what data for the soul mods go in? That looks crazy awesome btw :)

supermariorick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo dude, what data for the soul mods go in? That looks crazy awesome btw :)
I just extract data2.cpk then copy the proper_noun_talisman_name.msg proper_noun_talisman_info.msg from /data/msg/ and item_talisman.idb from /data/system/item/ and put them in the same folder as the super souls tool. Then I open all three in the super souls editor and edit an existing super soul for stuff like a god mode super soul that way I don't need to add data to the msg files for custom super souls. Then I save (and it gives me an error because of the msg files but it still works) and I copy only the item_talisman.idb file and not the msg files and put it back in /data/system/item/ but not before backing up the original unedited item_talisman.idb just in case. After that, I make a folder outside of the data folder called data2root then I put the data folder inside it with all the game data I extracted from the data2.cpk and the item_talisman.idb in it. Then I open CPKTools and set the root folder as data2root and set it to save the cpk in /atmosphere/titles/[gameIDofXenoverse2]/romfs/data2.cpk and hit the build button. As it is repacking a 600+ mb data2.cpk file, this will take a while depending on your machine. Once it is done just put your SD card in your Switch, load up the latest LayeredFS with hekate, open up Xenoverse 2 but don't go online from the title screen and then test the mod offline. Right now from my testing this is buggy and will softlock the game (but not crash your whole Switch system) every time you finish anything and reload Conton City. Luckily the game saves first so you don't lose progress and as it's just a softlock and not a complete game crash it won't corrupt your game save data and all you have to do is close it and it doesn't report any errors.

edit: Oh yeah. Like in the first post, don't forget to set data alignment to 512

supermariorick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tried with the unreleased outfits and so far I managed to get the golden scouter, the trendy swimwear, Frieza's head, Mecha Frieza's head, and some that were only released as prizes in online events like the Zeno outfit and Fused Zamasu outfit. I don't know why but I can't seem to figure out where the Android 21 outfit is if it even exists in the Switch version game data. I used the PC version idb editor and I set the zeni buy price to 1 in items that had a zeni sell price. I'll keep looking and hopefully figure out how to unlock the unreleased JP PS4 exclusive Android 21 outfit using this method. It should be in the game data considering the PC version has it. This is actually a decent alternative considering the saves can't be decrypted yet so the save editor won't work.

edit: got the unreleased Japanese PS4 exclusive Android 21 outfit without save editing!2018072921595100-A282CE99633B844E0497DB963451D670.jpg JPEG_20180729_220134.jpg

Veund

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quite impressed by what you guys have going on, i modded skyrim last night, I'll have to give this a shot I'm currently running the latest update on the switch, cant wait for a video

Kalf2112

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Quite impressed by what you guys have going on, i modded skyrim last night, I'll have to give this a shot I'm currently running the latest update on the switch, cant wait for a video
Can I DM you about Skyrim? I literally cannot do it lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended