ROM Hack WIP PC Dragonball Xenoverse 2 Mods on Switch

supermariorick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i fixed my error (worng titlekey, I used base titlekey instead of the update one, my bad) but now i have another problem, i cannot, no matter what i try, extract updated romFS content, only exeFS is extracted (30MiB only while the whole NCA size is more than 700MiB), any idea ?

For the record, I tried with NCA-NSP-XCI_TO_LayeredFS_v1.4 and it end with the exact same result.
try this one https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/452571294974607360/458798333423779850/Extract_Update_NCA.zip

toto621

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Finally solved my problems, here is how i've done it :
1- Once you have extracted NCAs of the base game, decrypt the larger nca using this command (illegal stuff hidden of course) :
hactool.exe --titlekey=BASE_GAME_TITLEKEY --plaintext="Decrypted.nca" BIGGEST_BASE_FILE.nca

2- Then use the decrypted base nca file and encrypted patch nca files to generate updated RomFS.bin :

hactool.exe --titlekey=UPDATE_TITLEKEY --basenca=Decrypted.nca --exefsdir=exeFS --section1=RomFS.bin BIGGEST_UPDATE_FILE.nca

3- Extract your newly generated and updated RomFS.bin :
hactool.exe --titlekey=UPDATE_TITLEKEY -t romfs --outdir=romfs RomFS.bin

EDIT :
Here is what I archieved so far, Unlocking all items and editing their price work but it had some issues, for example the game freeze when I try to fight offline with Kefla. I tried many mods, most of them make the game freeze after the loding char screen (for example custom hairs)...

jpPz6Sm.jpg

mZAyrB1.jpg

I didn't try to progress through story but I assume it will probably freeze too. Modding this game with 1.10 updates seems very unstable...

EDIT 2 : Finally found a way to edit super souls!!! Now my lv4 char is now as powerfull as Goku Mastered Ultra Instinct, including auto-dodge :rofl2:

Last edited by toto621,

toto621

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
After extended testing, I think it's the leyered FS method we use (packed files) the root of the problem. Even just unpack then repack data2.cpk (ZERO modifications) make the game crash/freeze. We need a better way to mod the game, using loose files, like mod support made for Breath of the Wild and Skyrim or simply tools specificaly mades for the Switch version like an x2m support.

Last edited by toto621,
Reactions: Gameboy Color

supermariorick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After extended testing, I think it's the leyered FS method we use (packed files) the root of the problem. Even just unpack then repack data2.cpk (ZERO modifications) make the game crash/freeze. We need a better way to mod the game, using loose files, like mod support made for Breath of the Wild and Skyrim or simply tools specificaly mades for the Switch version like an x2m support.
wait you actually got super soul mods to work on 1.10? How? I wasn't able to at all and I figured out how to dump the updated romfs before you and had working mods on 1.09.1. what did you do?

and yes, before I already suggested a mod loader as having to repack cpk files sucks and when I tried it for 1.09.1 Conton City would cause a softlock after finishing a quest and Future in Ruins loading at all would cause a game crash. I think the concept of LayeredFS is great even for this game - Breath of the Wild works fine - but as the romfs requires repacked cpk files and LayeredFS doesnt make patches from files in a folder that act like files inside a special filetype formatted archive it doesn't work so well with certain games that use this. We really should once again take a hint from modding on the PC version and develop a special patcher that loads mods from a folder to override game data after all the cpks are loaded in priority from the game. Basically inspired from eternity's xv2patcher tool from the PC version but rebuilt to act using functions similar to LayeredFS so it works for the Switch version and overrides game data after all the cpks.

Last edited by supermariorick,

toto621

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@supermariorick : It worked (but you manually have to edit your super soul, it's not really end-user friendly) using the IDBEditor.exe from this old tool pack, it actually still work (except for MSGEditor who need to be Switch specific one).

I also recommand to anyone who modded shop/items files to revert to vanilla files as soon as you had what you wanted because it completely mess with the Limit Burst system.

supermariorick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@supermariorick : It worked (but you manually have to edit your super soul, it's not really end-user friendly) using the IDBEditor.exe from this old tool pack, it actually still work (except for MSGEditor who need to be Switch specific one).

I also recommand to anyone who modded shop/items files to revert to vanilla files as soon as you had what you wanted because it completely mess with the Limit Burst system.
thanks for the tip

edit: just tried editing with the idb editor tool and that didn't work either. something must have gone wrong. not sure if i have to put in the effect IDs as decimal or hexadecimal format into idb editor and even then none of the edits show up in the game. Using the latest LayeredFS and yet still nothing appears. No changes, no soft locks, no game crashes, nothing indicating data2.cpk was even recognized by LayeredFS.

Last edited by supermariorick,

supermariorick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We don't have a flawless modding method for this game that works on the latest update yet. Last closest thing was on 1.09.1 which had softlocks and one particular stage caused a game crash. Until then it's illogical to make a video except only for the game without game updates.

toto621

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I just tried some FighterZ shaders for fun, it render really well in-game (first screen is vanilla, second is modded) :
Zsa8dR2.jpg
CHJTf7b.jpg

wmKOqOs.jpg
tRcP2u3.jpg

Reactions: Stoned

Light_Strategist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just tried some FighterZ shaders for fun, it render really well in-game (first screen is vanilla, second is modded) :
Zsa8dR2.jpg
CHJTf7b.jpg

wmKOqOs.jpg
tRcP2u3.jpg
Oh, wow. They really affect it visually! Though, I think I personally prefer the vanilla.

I've been keeping an eye on this topic for when I can eventually get around to modding my Switch and otherwise seeing how much progress is being made.

Out of interest, does anyone know if the spiked Super Saiyan hairs from Dragon Ball Online were modded in? I've looked around for a few days and nothing much has come up. Alternatively, does anyone know if the hairstyles unique to this game have uniquely made Super Saiyan variants? I'm just somewhat curious but as I've said, I haven't seen anything substantial.

robinpup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Please help I just want to add custom music To Dragon Ball Fighter Z but the latest Hactool gaves me a Error, i have the correct files and the correct routes, and it says that DBFZ.xci there is not such a file or directory! this is my route C:\Users\mi\Desktop\calld\hactool> .\hactool -k keys.txt DBFZ.xci --securedir=secure

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free