ROM Hack WIP PC Dragonball Xenoverse 2 Mods on Switch

Veund

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the switch need to be hacked in order to put in the mods? With homebrew or something?

Yes you need at least atmosphere layered fs or sxos running on your switch for mods to work, layered fs emulates the file structure of games allowing you to run modded files

i need some help the tutorial isn't very noob friendly. I wan't to try this but i don't how to extract romfs.

Extracting the romfs takes while there are some tutorials online but there are some files that you you will need to source yourself

Gold_Experience

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes you need at least atmosphere layered fs or sxos running on your switch for mods to work, layered fs emulates the file structure of games allowing you to run modded files

Extracting the romfs takes while there are some tutorials online but there are some files that you you will need to source yourself

I have the digital version tho.
also https://gamebanana.com/games/6611
a place to upload working mods.

supermariorick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also tried a stage mod. Wouldn't load. The tail mod too. No dice. Froze on start up.
Most likely because you used modified PC version game files instead of getting the Switch version game files and converting/ porting mods from the PC version over. What update version is your game on? 1.09.1? For me I had to dump both the game and the game update and then create a merged romfs folder from the base game data and the update data. Then I unpacked data2.cpk and compared PC and Switch version files in a hex editor and found some key differences between the game files. I suppose the only mods that don't have to be converted may be cosmetic character mods for both CaC and Dragon Ball characters but at the same time you have to make sure to repack them correctly. @Kalisto is using SX Pro to play Xenoverse 2 and hasn't installed updates and DLC so the cpk files are different. I ended up repacking my own custom mods - made with some Xenoverse 2 game file editing tools and some hex editing with forum hex edit mapping and cheat table values from people modding the PC version as reference - into the 600+ mb data2.cpk file that is used for the game data after the latest update. Then I put that 600+ mb file in the proper romfs folder for layeredfs and loaded it with no problems at the title screen. Yes, there are still bugs to work out as loading the Future in Ruins stage causes a game crash and reloading Conton after almost every quest causes the game to softlock. Perhaps a xv2patcher for the Switch that follows the concept of the xv2patcher for the PC version but accounts for the Switch's memory capabilities is what we need? Basically, you'd follow the data folder structure that gets repacked into data2.cpk but instead of repacking it is used to override specific game files after files packed into data2.cpk and in a sense acting almost like a game update. Hopefully we see something like that in the future with enough invested interest and effort for someone to program such a tool. But for now, repacking data2.cpk with proper compatible game file mods and loading with layeredfs - and with some glitches - will have to do.

Reactions: Gold_Experience

Gold_Experience

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Most likely because you used modified PC version game files instead of getting the Switch version game files and converting/ porting mods from the PC version over. What update version is your game on? 1.09.1? For me I had to dump both the game and the game update and then create a merged romfs folder from the base game data and the update data. Then I unpacked data2.cpk and compared PC and Switch version files in a hex editor and found some key differences between the game files. I suppose the only mods that don't have to be converted may be cosmetic character mods for both CaC and Dragon Ball characters but at the same time you have to make sure to repack them correctly. @Kalisto is using SX Pro to play Xenoverse 2 and hasn't installed updates and DLC so the cpk files are different. I ended up repacking my own custom mods - made with some Xenoverse 2 game file editing tools and some hex editing with forum hex edit mapping and cheat table values from people modding the PC version as reference - into the 600+ mb data2.cpk file that is used for the game data after the latest update. Then I put that 600+ mb file in the proper romfs folder for layeredfs and loaded it with no problems at the title screen. Yes, there are still bugs to work out as loading the Future in Ruins stage causes a game crash and reloading Conton after almost every quest causes the game to softlock. Perhaps a xv2patcher for the Switch that follows the concept of the xv2patcher for the PC version but accounts for the Switch's memory capabilities is what we need? Basically, you'd follow the data folder structure that gets repacked into data2.cpk but instead of repacking it is used to override specific game files after files packed into data2.cpk and in a sense acting almost like a game update. Hopefully we see something like that in the future with enough invested interest and effort for someone to program such a tool. But for now, repacking data2.cpk with proper compatible game file mods and loading with layeredfs - and with some glitches - will have to do.
Yeah tried using pc xenoverse files but not .x2m. i also have a Sxpro.

Spider180806

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone is interested I have made a small mod sample cpk file which you can try out. Mods include skimpy (dirty) clothing for Female Human and Female Sayains, custom hairstyle for females(no 35 I think...), custom hairstyles for males (no 5 aaand... I forgot, oops lol).
Character mods include Nude Android 18, Nude Videl, Nude custom character, Nude Towa, SSGSS Broly, Goku SSJ5, Goku Black w/ pink hair, Gohan Adult in Black outfit, Bardock SSJ4 which transforms into golden SSJ4.
Yeah.. so as I said if you want, just DM me and I'll send a link.
what is your discord account

Gold_Experience

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Those won't work. You need to dump the romfs from the game using hactool and use the files in data.cpk to make mods yourself.

I know. I used someone else's data1.cpk file. I unpacked it and loaded in the mods, I wanted then I packed it But it didn't work. It froze with saiyan tail mod on title screen. Tried a stage mod but, when I selected the stage I got infinite loading.

Last edited by Gold_Experience,

supermariorick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somehow got the all in shop patch hack working. Perhaps the most updated tool from xv2 lib tools that isn't the gui version is the reason it worked. Also edited the shop files with the idb editor and got the mentor gifts and the Ultra Instinct super soul to show up. Testing experimental boss skills mods - non-CaC for now - and so far the animations don't load properly except for Darkness Mixer so if some proper mod is made for CaC equippable skills that end up being the boss skills it would have to account for loading all the animations for the CaCs. Found the original save decryptor which is updated for 1.09.1 and comes with the source code so with some research and examination of the save file and some knowledge of how to compile it with the right changes a save decryptor could be made with the source so that the save file can be decrypted, edited with the PC version save editor, and then re-encrypted and restored to the game for save editing.

supermariorick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a mod that unlocks everything?
yeah I've been working on that right now but everything is still being tested. you need a way to dump the updated romfs to account for the 1.09.1 game update. mods indeed work butr it requires packing into a 600+ megabytes file and loading it with LayeredFS. also it's not perfect because of softlocks and one particular stage causing game crashes. Just assume we'll need a special mods loader for this game because layeredfs wont quite work right. Save editing is being worked on. Someone in another thread has made a proof of concept save decryptor for Switch version saves but the addresses are still shifted so the editor doesn't work and the decryptor tool can't re-encrypt the saves yet. So expect things to not be avaliable yet until proper modding is developed. But it is definitely possible to mod this game.

Yami Anubis ZX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah I've been working on that right now but everything is still being tested. you need a way to dump the updated romfs to account for the 1.09.1 game update. mods indeed work butr it requires packing into a 600+ megabytes file and loading it with LayeredFS. also it's not perfect because of softlocks and one particular stage causing game crashes. Just assume we'll need a special mods loader for this game because layeredfs wont quite work right. Save editing is being worked on. Someone in another thread has made a proof of concept save decryptor for Switch version saves but the addresses are still shifted so the editor doesn't work and the decryptor tool can't re-encrypt the saves yet. So expect things to not be avaliable yet until proper modding is developed. But it is definitely possible to mod this game.

If only there was a cheatroom mod like Skyrim that we could port over to the Switch for DBZ.

But It will come in due time.

Reactions: Gold_Experience

Matz115

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
can anyone help with extracting xenoverse 2 from a xci file. ive tried all sorts of extractors but none are working

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: