Hacking PC can't detect SDHC card

agony

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I have a kingston 8gb SDHC card. I tried using two different card reader on my window XP PC.

The first card reader comes with the acekard 2.1 that I bought. It gave me an error that the disk is not formatted but when I try to format it, it says that it cannot be formatted.

For the the other card reader, I don't even see the drive in the my computer folder.

What is wrong? Or is my sdhc card really spoil?

joepie91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
agony said:
I have a kingston 8gb SDHC card. I tried using two different card reader on my window XP PC.

The first card reader comes with the acekard 2.1 that I bought. It gave me an error that the disk is not formatted but when I try to format it, it says that it cannot be formatted.

For the the other card reader, I don't even see the drive in the my computer folder.

What is wrong? Or is my sdhc card really spoil?
First you should verify that the card readers really support SDHC (not all card readers do).
Then, if you are really sure it supports SDHC, you could try to use another formatting tool (I believe there is something called Panasonic SD Formatter, that should do the trick).
If nothing works, just call the company where you bought the MicroSD card, and ask for a replacement. If the replacement doesn't work either, call them again, and try to make them send you a replacement of another brand (of the same value) since not all brands are of equal quality.

agony

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
it does appear that the card reader that comes with the acekard is not working. hell, the acekard itself is not working. I really got rotten luck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1