Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
shtonkalot said:
EmperorOfCanada said:
There is no such thing as free software! Stop spreading such harmful lies!
I get it, but it is a slightly obscure reference. Unless you watch the social news sites like a hawk... which I do.

Actually it was posted on this forum as well. made like 3 pages lol.

Granville. Bud, you DO have a flashcart. Correct?

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow, your mom is horrid! Anyway, just keep that computer, the one I'm using right now is just a bit better than what you're using right now(and I've been using it for 5 years now), live with it!

Or, get a job.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, everything is fine with the PC. Thanks for the kind thoughts. I fixed her PC. She's not very grateful, but at least I won't be selling my DS!

And whoever asked if I had a flashcard: yes I do. A Supercard DS-One. It's partially defective, but I've found ways to get it working. Why do you ask? The reason I have one is due to the fact that I can't afford games.

And I have a job. I work online for a company called Chacha. It's a texting company.

I'm almost sorry I helped her. She's being real mean.

agentgamma

I dont know what to put here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
granville said:
All my work dollars go into a family lump sum for food and bills, so I can't spend my own money. I have a job, but I can't control the money I make. She even hijacked my bank account and overdrew it so I can't use that anymore as well.
frown.gif
That REALLY sucks!
QUOTE(granville @ Dec 14 2008, 04:59 PM) Ok, I'm good. I fixed the computer. It turns out it was just a corrupted Windows or something. I'm posting using the PC and it seems to be working great.
Glad you dont have to pawn your DS
biggrin.gif

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Just your DS?

I had to sell off my DS, PSP, Wii, PS3, and computer just to pay some bills... and then I bought a new DS when money was back to normal... and then a new computer... then an iPhone...
smile.gif

Didn't bother going back with PSP, Wii, or PS3 though. Don't enjoy them as much as my DS and Xbox360
smile.gif
If there was one thing I refused to sell, it's my Xbox because I have so much Rock Band crap it's not even funny
tongue.gif
But if it ever came to a dire situation I would have to sell them... but keep the hard drive
biggrin.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry you had to sell your stuff. I'm no stranger of having to sell things to support the family, but I try to always find ways around selling my most important luxury. I'll say that I'm almost glad handhelds are what I'm into as they fetch less money when you need to sell.

Never owned a Wii, 360, or PS3. Couldn't possibly afford such a luxury. In fact, I don't think I've ever owned a system that cost me more than $150 (besides a PC)! I usually bought preowned systems, or closeout deals when the system was older and the stores were closing out their stocks. I'll say that if I'm going to spend money, I'd like to invest in something like a decent computer that can play a ton of different games. My DS is pretty good at being able to play a lot of my favorites, so I bought it.

2Thumbs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
granville said:
I have a job, but I can't control the money I make. She even hijacked my bank account and overdrew it so I can't use that anymore as well.

For this alone I suggest moving out.

On the other hand, that laptop is perfectly fine if all you do is web browse. May just need cleaning out, defrag, maybe a format with a fresh copy of windows.

I would source some more ram though to bring it up to atleast 512mb and that shouldn't be expensive at all.

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Move out of your house. If you are nearly 20 and your mother still controls your money (and therefor your life) you need to get out. If you can't get out because you don't have enough money, I suggest getting a real-life job that probably pays more than ChaCha, either in place of or in addition to that job. Your mother should do the same.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm kind of stuck. I live too far away from a town to walk and I can't drive.

At any rate, mom is much nicer today. It turns out she missed a thyroid medication which made her irritable (thyroid helps regulate the heart rate). She bought me a new AC adapter for MY laptop and now I can use my computer while she uses hers. We have two old laptops of the same model and were sharing AC adapters. One adapter had broken and the other had a short if you moved it around, so we had to keep it stationary without unplugging it. Now I got a new AC. So I guess I'm good, at least until the shorted one bites the dust completely and she steals mine.
laugh.gif

And she also got me a router so I can hopefully make more money while she does (and stay online any time I wish). We have to configure the thing manually though. Haven't gotten it working yet, but it will soon.

She had the guts to say she was sorry about yesterday. She said she didn't really want me to sell my DS. She also said she didn't know what she'd do without me. May be an act to get me to stay, but I doubt it. She knows I can't leave, so I think she meant it.

But yes she DID overdraw my bank account and take money. It wasn't for shopping though. It was for utility bills and such.

Anyway, I know I seem whiney. I really just needed to get some things off my chest. Since I can't drive, this is really my only social freedom: GBAtemp. Thanks for listening. And yes I know I am weak and submissive. Guess I should've had a dad around to beat some sense into me...

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude. You're doing fine the way things are at the moment. Economy's doing so bad but you're able to keep up. I hope all goes well for you.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EmperorOfCanada said:
I got nothing but respect for you bud. NOTHING to be ashamed of staying to help provide for your family.
Thanks man!
smile.gif

I'm sure things will get better. We'll see if our new president can help things as well! Good thing I know enough about computers to fix a corrupted Windows OS!

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Whatever you do in the future, remmeber, she IS still your mom, no matter how she treats you.

BUT, if i where you, i would go to a bank and open a new account, redirect all payments to you to that account.
(Don't know how it goes in your country but here, when you are 18 you can open your own account at any bank that NO one, not even your parents
can confiscate (ok, the state can when ordered by court in case when you did a crime))

Reading it all, you have a damned hard time and i say "respect" for how you live, but unless your mom has no good reason to overtake your current account
I would go for your own account where only you and no one else have rights on.
(with that i mean, if you are a big spender and can't control your savings (but i doubt that by reading your posts))

On the other hand, if you need a new or spare flashcard, i'm gladly willing to send you one
(AceKard 2 (brand new never unpacked, (not version 2.1))), free shipping to whatever country you live in (US i asume)

Isaiah

The Conductor
Trophies
XP
Country
that's bad.... pawning your ds.... and your 20 and you can't even usethe money you earn...
cry.gif
yor mom really needs a REAL job... somethings that pays like $1000000000000 anually
smile.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I managed to fix her computer and everything is going ok now. I didn't have to pawn my DS. Right now, we're trying to sell our house and move to Naples Florida.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
~Kuraudo's Sword~ said:
that's bad.... pawning your ds.... and your 20 and you can't even usethe money you earn...
cry.gif
yor mom really needs a REAL job... somethings that pays like $1000000000000 anually
smile.gif

Why do I have a feeling thta some people dont read the whole tread before posting...

QUOTE(phoenixtaku @ Feb 3 2009, 05:14 PM) You're evil!!!
You feel better if your mum suffers.
and some poeple are just idiots.

On topic, good job fixing the computer. I hope that you and your family have a bit more financial success in the future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr