PayPal problem concerning non-adult account

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Okay so my plan was to give 2,5 euros to my 14 year old nephew via PayPal, to make him a TF2 premium player, but he didn't have a PayPal account. So I sent it to his email account, the same as he used to register Steam.
He received the mail, saying he received money from me, and he had to make an account.

He made a PayPal account, but because he is underage he couldn't link it to his bank account or credit card (his parents have those details, and I'm absolutely sure they won't be happy with a PayPal account).
AND because he couldn't link it, his account isn't verified, hence he can't receive and administer the 2,5 euros I sent him.
So basically, my money is somewhere in a limbo, and he can't send it back, and I can't reclaim it.

How can I fix this?

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because he did not claim the payment, well... couldn't reclaim the payment, there should be a cancel payment on the transaction in your account.

You can have a spending limit of 2,000 if you have a credit/debit card attached. Not sure what's it like in Belgium, but in the USA lots of rebates come in Amex/Visa Gift cards and we are also able to purchase these visa/amex gift cards in stores. The majority of cards allow you to register your address/name and works fine in PayPal.

Edit:Typos

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I fixed it, I indeed found a cancel Payment button. Thanks!

Now, how can I make my nephew Premium?
If you click on Steam Wallet (you have to add money to this first, then you can buy things in the Mann Co TF2 store), you have to fill out some fields, and add your PayPal account. I'll try this method tonight, he should do these steps and fill in the fields, it may work. Hopefully!

D

Deleted-236924

Yeah, wouldn't it work if you used your own PayPal account?
Creating him an account just for that seems overly complicated for nothing... :/

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeah, wouldn't it work if you used your own PayPal account?
Creating him an account just for that seems overly complicated for nothing... :/
It worked! I just guided him through the steps via Skype and changed my password for a few minutes, it worked out pretty well!
Thanks for the help everyone

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.