Paypal makes trillion dollar error - big trouble in Delaware....

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Over the past few months Paypal has revealed some disturbing practices in restricting access to accounts for fear of fraudulent activity despite none being evident. Now in an error so staggering that it equates to more than 5,500 times the debt of the United States government Paypal had seemingly decided to make some poor unfortunate pay.....to the tune of $-92,233,720,368,547,800!!!

This understandably caused Reynolds some confusion. On Monday he told the Philadelphia Daily News that the astronomical amount had been credited to his account -- "I'm just feeling like a million bucks," he said -- though he added, "At first I thought that I owed quadrillions. It was quite a big surprise." In fact, the purported balance really was negative, as a screenshot of Reynolds' statement shows:

xpaypal-account-statement-604cs071713-1374076847.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Sp-_x9KrYh.jpg

Bizarrely some places are reporting this as a gift of said trillion dollar figure (the clue is in the minus at the front...) which would have made made Mr. Reynolds' bank balance more than 1.26 million times greater than the fortune of the world's richest person.

What does this teach us? Always keep a buffer of money in your paypal balance of 93 trillion just in case of error.

PayPal has been close-lipped about how such a gargantuan error occurred, citing its policy of not giving out information on customer accounts. But Reynolds told DailyFinance that PayPal offered to make a donation to a nonprofit of his choice. "They seem to have a sense of humor about this technical glitch," he said.

Story Source

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @AncientBoi my condolences to both of you +2