Hacking Paypal and PSXbox horror storry

testicule

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
What happened to me is so gross it would be funny if I was not loosing money.

I bought 3 G6 lite from PSXbox. For this I created a brand new paypal account and payed them using a credit card.
For unknown reasons, paypal decided that this transaction was 'suspicious' (I phoned them and they told me it was probably because I used an "electronic credit card")
Thus they have limited my account and they told PSXbox to send them the e-mails we had exchanged. They told psxbox that if they've sent the goods they should give paypal the tracking number. However psxbox has not sent them. But now Paypal has locked their account too! It seems that PSXbox cannot refund me because their account is locked! Now paypal wants we to send them a lot of personal information (bank account information, driver's licence, credit card information..)

Now that I've been screwed I searched on the web and found out that many many users had problems with paypal.

So paypal:
- Restricts my account for unknown reasons
- Does'nt even refund the charged credit card (well if they suspect something they should refund it, right?)
- Locks the vendor account!
- Asks for all sort of personal information (I'm almost sure this is perfectly illegal)

Now I've sent them the information by fax and I'm waiting. But according to other forums on the net, I'll probably never get anything back, so I'm probably going to ask my Bank to cancel my credit card and cancel this operation.

testicule

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Well they're a private company, that's exactly why I don't think they have the right to ask for private email exchanges or UPS/DHL tracking numbers, or information about the good I've bought.

Now let's be clear, I don't care to give out this information, e-mail between me and psxbox are not "personnal", and the content of the order (G6 lites) is not a secret either (well abviously since speak about it right here).

But this could potentialy be private information which they have no right as a private company to get

kaymm2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When you say, they limited your account, is that your bank account or paypal account? I've heard horror stories like this before. Check out paypalsucks.com.

shadowsora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well, there goes my option towards ordering from psxbox with paypal. Um with the new paypal account did you verify your account with both credit card and bank account?

testicule

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
When you say, they limited your account, is that your bank account or paypal account? I've heard horror stories like this before. Check out paypalsucks.com.

They limited my paypal account of course. They have absolutely no right over my bank account hopefully
wink.gif

krad

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i paid hopebuy with paypal.... with my credit card as payment. It went right through. Paypal asking for dhl/ups numbers and the such protects paypal and you. Because they have proof the item as shipped and they will have proof when it was delivered. This way if you make a claim with paypal they can easily find out what happened and be able to refund or screw the fraud person.

I don't see what is wrong with this. They are purposely trying to thwart identity theft.

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Just put in a complaint with paypal... they will reverse the transaction if you have done nothing wrong.

It sounds to me as if psxbox is at fault. They probably forgot to verify their account in time and went over the limit. Once their end is sorted, I suspect everything will be Ok.

Are you restricted from buying with PayPal or is it the normal restrictions everyone gets until their account is verified.

TheVirus

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
Paypal sucks cock. They are the greediest mother fuckers on this planet. If you don't get your money back do the following:

Contact your bank.
Send a letter to the state attorney's office of Cali and Nebraska (Paypal's HQ), stating the issue and what you want done to resolve it (refund).
Wait 2-3 weeks for a check in the mail and an apology from Paypal (though your account is still locked).

Worked for me and countless others. Fuck Paypal, I fucking loathe them and wish death upon them and their employee(s)/owner(s).

jigaboo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Man, I guess I just dodged a bullet. I, too, created a paypal account specifically to order a G6 Lite from PSXbox, but just as I managed to finish their stupid "Address Confirmation" (their idiotic mail took two weeks to get to me), I went to PSXBox only to find their Paypal acct was frozen. Oh well, I got tired of all this bullshit with the G6 and decided to order the SC Lite.

Now there's a company that knows how to do business. No fanfare, no "coming soon" bullshit, no artificial language limits with different prices. Supercard -> "we have a new product, here it is." Bam.

J

nunofgs

Trophies
Website
nunofgs.fecktory.com
XP
Country
frown.gif
looks like I'm having problems with paypal aswell. I don't have a valid visa/mastercard credit card. My bank has a service called MBnet which allows me to create visa cards (completely valid) with a fixed amount of money that expire in 1 month.

I've been using this system for years. Last friday I removed 4 credit cards from my paypal account that were already expired and my account was immediately limited
frown.gif

thejinx0r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What happened to me is so gross it would be funny if I was not loosing money.

I bought 3 G6 lite from PSXbox. For this I created a brand new paypal account and payed them using a credit card.
For unknown reasons, paypal decided that this transaction was 'suspicious' (I phoned them and they told me it was probably because I used an "electronic credit card")
Thus they have limited my account and they told PSXbox to send them the e-mails we had exchanged. They told psxbox that if they've sent the goods they should give paypal the tracking number. However psxbox has not sent them. But now Paypal has locked their account too! It seems that PSXbox cannot refund me because their account is locked! Now paypal wants we to send them a lot of personal information (bank account information, driver's licence, credit card information..)

Now that I've been screwed I searched on the web and found out that many many users had problems with paypal.

So paypal:
- Restricts my account for unknown reasons
- Does'nt even refund the charged credit card (well if they suspect something they should refund it, right?)
- Locks the vendor account!
- Asks for all sort of personal information (I'm almost sure this is perfectly illegal)

Now I've sent them the information by fax and I'm waiting. But according to other forums on the net, I'll probably never get anything back, so I'm probably going to ask my Bank to cancel my credit card and cancel this operation.

Well, if you had a stolen credit card what would you do? Open a nwe account and go spend right away, before it's too late.
You opened a new account and spent right away. And probably the system noticed that there was 2 users with the same credit card number. Kind of odd no?

TheVirus

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
I tried to sign up again after Paypal locked one of my accounts and it said 'This credit card is already in use by another member.' I tried a bank account, same message. This was years ago, too.

lewtz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On a different note, i've used paypal for about 200 transactions from my bank account over the years. My brother has probably been close to 500. Neither of us have ever had a problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0