Payment for popular YT video?

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this seems off topic but if I wanted a Fennec Fox as a pet can they be domesticated and housebroken as one?

Could you ever let any fox breeds outside to roam around or would they hunt other animals and not come back?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Talk with google and monetize the video and we in gbatemp will probably keep giving views to it, watching through all the ads for the goodness of your pocket. No sarcasm.

I would give you a couple more views, that video is beautiful.
But who do I actually contact? That's the problem, there are no ways or publicly available contact methods on asking how to monetize, much less being able to monetize this video as it's too late, no way am I gonna make money off of my videos that I post on my channel; they never reach more than 100 views on average. I never found out how this got so many.

Sorry if this seems off topic but if I wanted a Fennec Fox as a pet can they be domesticated and housebroken as one?

Could you ever let any fox breeds outside to roam around or would they hunt other animals and not come back?

You have to keep them secured in a large outdoor enclosure, they don't home like typical pets. As far as Fennec foxes, you have to check your state's DNR and DWR.

Cute video :vul1:

Get that fox a hedgehog friend and you'll be in business

That's up to my friend to do that lol.

D

Deleted User

Well, if you didn't have it monetized when you got all of those views hit I don;t think your going to get the money. I think you need to have it monetized when the views happen to get the money or else it will give you the money just for the future views you get.

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if you didn't have it monetized when you got all of those views hit I don;t think your going to get the money. I think you need to have it monetized when the views happen to get the money or else it will give you the money just for the future views you get.

Yeah, it's just weird and kinda shady they would approach me now and not before, and I wouldn't be able to reproduce those views, it's nearly impossible to have most videos gain traction. I'd do let's play/gameplay videos, but I make too many mistakes and can't make perfect playthroughs ><

Deleted member 361703

GBATemp OldFag
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
in all honesty as i have and know people who have. just use you tube to monetize the video. you never know it may grow to twice the views and if you dont monetize you ill not collect

meZOCj1P.png

click view additional features and...
dPODbrY0.png

there you go @the_randomizer hope that helps!

love you and your foxes fyi

D

Deleted User

Dang, I really wish I could monetize on my videos. But if somebody sends a wave of views to your channel youtube may think its you buying views (that's how I can't monetize anymore). And you can lose monatazation.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Zan'

2F88744FEED717856386400A44BBA4B9CA62E76A32C715D4F
Trophies
XP
Country
Dang, I really wish I could monetize on my videos. But if somebody sends a wave of views to your channel youtube may think its you buying views (that's how I can't monetize anymore). And you can lose monatazation.
What keeps you from monetizing your video? Every channel created can monetize each video uploaded.
YouTube partners pretty much all channels by now. To actually receive the money you need to link a google wallet or stuff like that to your Account.
By monetizing the video you will allow ads to be played in the beginning of your Video, from which you will receive a percentage of the income.
This gives you about a cent per 10 clicks. (An ad is not played on each click, and some people use adblockers etc.)

Yeah, it's just weird and kinda shady they would approach me now and not before, and I wouldn't be able to reproduce those views, it's nearly impossible to have most videos gain traction. I'd do let's play/gameplay videos, but I make too many mistakes and can't make perfect playthroughs ><
This email is completely shady since that's not how "YouTube Money" works.
There are 2 ways to generate money for a Video.

1. Ads as explained above.
2. Getting a direct sponsorship.

No Idea what the guy is trying but it's not legit.
The ads played are usually selected by the YouTube algorithm. Companies can also pay YouTube to get played more often on a specific video (which you will likely not be asked for).

For Sponsorships a company will get in contact with you because you generate a lot of traffic on your Videos and they want to buy some of that fame basically.
They'll either 1-time pay you to make a specific Video regarding their product.
Or they will have a time-based contract were they'll pay you $X.xx each month as long as you are keeping up the contract which likely includes naming the product in each of your videos or things like that.

You can not get any money for traffic generated while the video was not monetized. (Unless a company pays you to name them in the video description of your viral video. Which I haven't seen yet)

Regarding your content:
Keep up your work. First priority should always be that you want to do it and have fun doing it. And not to make money.
You will improve over time. And if people discover your videos (you can always share them with friends etc.) And they like them, you'll get feedback how to improve and so on.
If you keep doing it for fun you can always grow. And maybe some day you'll be the #1 YouTuber.

Last edited by Zan',
Reactions: the_randomizer
D

Deleted User

What keeps you from monetizing your video? Every channel created can monetize each video uploaded.
YouTube partners pretty much all channels by now. To actually receive the money you need to link a google wallet or stuff like that to your Account.
By monetizing the video you will allow ads to be played in the beginning of your Video, from which you will receive a percentage of the income.
This gives you about a cent per 10 clicks. (An ad is not played on each click, and some people use adblockers etc.)
Some prick sent like 2000 views to my channel. AdSence thought I was buying views and stopped me from monatization. I appealed just now and hope to get it back :hateit:

Zan'

2F88744FEED717856386400A44BBA4B9CA62E76A32C715D4F
Trophies
XP
Country
Some prick sent like 2000 views to my channel. AdSence thought I was buying views and stopped me from monatization. I appealed just now and hope to get it back :hateit:
Haven't heard of that before. I also haven't had it happen to me a single time.
General viewcount is around 10K-20K and I have some videos going around 100K which didn't get blocked from monetization, which by your logic they should.
(Granted. It's only a 500% increase.)

I only know of videos getting blocked for copyright issues or using of 3rd party content.
But this regards videos and not the channel.

Regarding the channel this can happen to you if you get strikes.

Last edited by Zan',
D

Deleted User

Haven't heard of that before. I also haven't had it happen to me a single time.
General viewcount is around 10K-20K and I have some videos going around 100K which didn't get blocked from monetization, which by your logic they should.
(Granted. It's only a 500% increase.)
It was when I was a really small channel. I have grown pretty good since than. I think it's based on subscribers.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back in the day you used to need to be invited to monetize video, I have no idea what it is now or if you start right out of the gate on a new channel.
You will also need to file taxes on the money before you can receive it.

as far as the channel is concerned content and getting more views you probably picked one of the most crowded and oversaturated parts of youtube to try and break through with gameplay, lets play, ect...

You should probably stick to the fox stuff as its unique, upload videos more frequently, learn to edit videos, and put your own personality into the videos.

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back in the day you used to need to be invited to monetize video, I have no idea what it is now or if you start right out of the gate on a new channel.
You will also need to file taxes on the money before you can receive it.

as far as the channel is concerned content and getting more views you probably picked one of the most crowded and oversaturated parts of youtube to try and break through with gameplay, lets play, ect...

You should probably stick to the fox stuff as its unique, upload videos more frequently, learn to edit videos, and put your own personality into the videos.

Granted, I can make another channel via Google Plus and dedicate it towards making let's play videos, so as to help with organizing the videos. The uniqueness of the videos, being of foxes is not common, hence the higher view counts. The other problem though, is when I make let's play videos, the view count is never high, and I honestly don't know how to gain traction; perhaps it'd be prudent of me to make a blog entry or something explaining that problem and asking for pointers. Video editing though...don't exactly have the money to buy Sony Vegas lol.

I just wish I got more views on my play videos, but that's never gonna happen lol, I make too many mistakes in the videos.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Hn-gx9VjRt8?t=153