Hacking Question Payload loader for iOS?

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think it's possible that you could load payloads to the switch using an iOS device like nxloader? (or has it been done before and I'm just blind?) I'm fairly sure that the iPhone would recognize it like any other device (all of this assuming you have a lightning cable to usb c adapter), but I'm not sure if you could access it with an app. Is it possible?

Reactions: Lil_SpazJoekp
D

Deleted-442439

I am not a expert on IOS devices so don't quote me on this, but in terms of HW the lighting port does support XHCI. In terms of software though, I don't believe IOS offers the necessary control, perhaps a jailbroken device, but I doubt stock IOS would allow it.

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not a expert on IOS devices so don't quote me on this, but in terms of HW the lighting port does support XHCI. In terms of software though, I don't believe IOS offers the necessary control, perhaps a jailbroken device, but I doubt stock IOS would allow it.

ill have to see if theres any official or otherwise libraries to access usb devices, even if it would only work on jailbroken devices, thats better than nothing

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to rub salt in the wound, and iPhones and iPads are great devices, but as locked down as their operating systems are, they're the kinds of things I would only recommend to my parents or not-so-technologically-savvy friends. Nobody with a desire for any customization or control whatsoever uses an iPhone.

Edit: I understand not everyone has a choice regarding his or her cell phone, particularly younger members, but you shouldn't expect to do a lot of this kind of thing with an iPhone, at least not in a timely fashion.

Last edited by Lacius,
D

Deleted-442439

Unless you are Jailbroken the IPA file has to be signed by a certificate associated with a provisioning profile that has your device's UDID. These developer certificates are handed out by Apple.

I am aware of it, I am saying that Cydia Impactor will sign the IPA files, there is no need for a Apple Developer account if jailbroken. You would not be able to run inject a RCM payload without a jailbrake regardless.

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok for 1: you can develop any app you want, make an ipa, sign it, and load it with cydia impactor, no matter what app it is, its not like you're personally asking apple to allow it. I do it all the time. they cant revoke/block/not allow any app as long as you don't distribute it publicly, in the form of OTA downloads. (distributing an ipa is not an OTA download)

2: i mean sure, ios devices are for non tech savvy people, but i mean, even if you could, wouldn't put it on the app store. tech savvy people who have an iphone can try it out if they see it on gbatemp (or wherever it would be distributed)

i mostly would do it just to say that you can, or for people who would normally use nxloader but don't have an android.

Reactions: H1B1Esquire

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True, the libusb API has no support for IOS either, so I doubt there would ever be a working method.

didnt i just share a library that might work?

im not saying it will but neither of you have mentioned it.

that library works on stock and apps using it have been released on the app store

Xandroz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
i have an iphone as well but honestly i wouldnt bother, with the cables and converters and so on.
there will be a usb c loader that you just plug in.
people are working on it.

just hang in there the scene is just getting started

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have an iphone as well but honestly i wouldnt bother, with the cables and converters and so on.
there will be a usb c loader that you just plug in.
people are working on it.

just hang in there the scene is just getting started

I didnt ask if it was possible for practicality :P

i wanna know if its possible, -and hopefully do it- just to say that its possible, and in the rare case that its the only option that people have

Xandroz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
i guess the first step was a loader for pc, then we went for phones, and from there to a usb c dongol.
things will move on to better solutions.

even now we wont need a jig to boot FG with the auto rcm.

things are really looking great.

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i guess the first step was a loader for pc, then we went for phones, and from there to a usb c dongol.
things will move on to better solutions.

even now we wont need a jig to boot FG with the auto rcm.

things are really looking great.

I really dont think auto rcm is a good idea.

I dont want to push my opinions unto others, but my opinion is that autoRCM shouldnt be used, unless its a last resort. soft-bricking is never a good idea.

Reactions: The14thfly
D

Deleted-442439

I really dont think auto rcm is a good idea.

I dont want to push my opinions unto others, but my opinion is that autoRCM shouldnt be used, unless its a last resort. soft-bricking is never a good idea.

The soft brick is super easy to use, and using a dongle or modchip soldered to the D+/D- testpads on the PCB would basically give you coldboot.

Reactions: zillld

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No you just want my asshole that's the difference