Hacking Payload invalid after move to new SD? Homebrew Launcher frozen!

quiteannoyed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firmware 11.5.0-38U

(After dragging and dropping the contents of my CFW from a 16 gb to 128 gb SD - 32 KB Cluster)

When I power on my 3DS while holding START to launch GodMode9, the following message appears

An error has occurred:
"The payload is invalid or corrupted"
Press any button to shut down

GodMode9 will work as intended before I drag and drop the folders of my jailbreak to a new SD card.
Something isn't transferred correctly using the normal "copy & paste" method.
What am I missing when moving CFW files to avoid data loss/payload corruption?
Thanks for your time.

History of my CFW below

I used this tutorial for Luma/a9lh installation

How to install A9LH + Luma CFW in 11.3.0-36 [SAFEHAX] (OLD/NEW 3DS or 2DS) w/ KevExperience!

and updated from A9LH to B9S according to the guide here https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s.html as best I could...

Other critical issues are the Freeshop giving me a "Failed to finalize content"
after downloading/while installing CIAs and Homebrew Launcher freezing when loading any .3dsx.
Maybe I could inject FBI over Health & Safety and install the latest Freeshop cia (unless it auto-updates) (assuming that it isn't broken by my defective jailbreak). The Homebrew Launcher seems to be crashing after updating Luma from 6.6 and A9LH to B9S. Also, .3dsx apps freeze even on my 16gb SD before anything is moved to the new SD.
I didn't test the Freeshop to see if it would install before SD migration.

I already tried USB Image Tool to clone my 16 gb SD (which resulted in a drive with errors that were only "fixed" by the Windows scan tool) and then EaseUS Partition Master to use unallocated space after restoring from the backup to a new 128gb Samsung EVO MicroSD with adapter.

Here's what I have on my 128gb SD. It is identical to what exists on the 16gb aside from GodMode9 payload corruption after copying. Wish I knew what was missing.
SD Contents.jpg

SD Contents 2.jpg

How can I repair broken features of my jailbreak or migrate to a new SD without losing information?

Last edited by quiteannoyed,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Your console is fine, arm9 homebrews aren't tied to the console and much less to the SD

Some files simply got corrupted as you copied them to the new card, I would consider erasing the card with Panasonic's SDFormatter enabling the "format size adjustment" (repartitioning) option and testing the capacity with H2testw

If it passes then it was just a one-off screwup (or problems with the computer...)

Why bother with a disk imager either? Just use a proper fat32 formatter and copy/paste files :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.