Hacking Payload fails to be injected but I changed nothing

cestunepipe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So I don't know what exactly happened with my Switch, I read some posts here with similar problems but nothing helps so here are the facts:

1. I was using it perfectly normal this morning, just turned it off to remove sd and put a new file (just a .nsp, nothing core or system) on it, then I put back the sd on the switch.

2. Since my Switch is in AutoRCM mode, I connected it to my Macbook, and launch Web Fusee Launcher on Chrome, selected payload.bin from my hd and click on "do the thing".

3. Chrome detects the APX device correctly, and I just click on connect to start the payload injection.

(I have done this three steps thousands times before since I got CF in my Switch more than a year ago, I was not doing nothing different or new.)

4. In a successful scenario, the Switch will turn on after SX OS splash screen. Thats not the case, the Switch remains in a black screen and nothing happens no even SX OS splash, the payload is not injected.

Info:

- FW 8.1.0
- SX OS 2.8
- SN XAJ400050*****
- AutoRCM mode ON
- SD 128gb ExFAT
- USB-C to USB-C as cable
- Web Fusee Launcher (Chrome)
- Mac OS

Things I tried:

- Different USB ports
- Different cable
- Different computer, another Macbook with Web Fusee Launcher too.
- Charge battery 2h (It was around 50% when I turned it off but anyway)
- Use a brand new SD card, format to FAT32 and copying just essential files.

I can use any help on this cause I'm pretty lost. Thanks in advance.

Edzster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EXACT SAME THING!!! I just let my switch die and charged it and still nothing.. been completely find until I restarted it.. I may be going crazy... but I was connected to Wifi.. maybe Nintendo sent a bricked signal after restart? is that even possible.. I need to try it on a PC.. maybe its our MacBook...

Edzster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried it with the latest TegraRCM gui on a PC and still nothing.. blank screen and I tried different payloads.., Again I was playing some Link's Awakening.. did a quick reboot. and now nothing..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So I don't know what exactly happened with my Switch, I read some posts here with similar problems but nothing helps so here are the facts:

1. I was using it perfectly normal this morning, just turned it off to remove sd and put a new file (just a .nsp, nothing core or system) on it, then I put back the sd on the switch.

2. Since my Switch is in AutoRCM mode, I connected it to my Macbook, and launch Web Fusee Launcher on Chrome, selected payload.bin from my hd and click on "do the thing".

3. Chrome detects the APX device correctly, and I just click on connect to start the payload injection.

(I have done this three steps thousands times before since I got CF in my Switch more than a year ago, I was not doing nothing different or new.)

4. In a successful scenario, the Switch will turn on after SX OS splash screen. Thats not the case, the Switch remains in a black screen and nothing happens no even SX OS splash, the payload is not injected.

Info:

- FW 8.1.0
- SX OS 2.8
- SN XAJ400050*****
- AutoRCM mode ON
- SD 128gb ExFAT
- USB-C to USB-C as cable
- Web Fusee Launcher (Chrome)
- Mac OS

Things I tried:

- Different USB ports
- Different cable
- Different computer, another Macbook with Web Fusee Launcher too.
- Charge battery 2h (It was around 50% when I turned it off but anyway)
- Use a brand new SD card, format to FAT32 and copying just essential files.

I can use any help on this cause I'm pretty lost. Thanks in advance.

Did you figure it out?

cestunepipe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I just tried it with the latest TegraRCM gui on a PC and still nothing.. blank screen and I tried different payloads.., Again I was playing some Link's Awakening.. did a quick reboot. and now nothing..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Did you figure it out?

Yes! I managed to install a Windows 10 VM and tried with TegraRCM... it worked like a charm at first try!!! Be sure to install correctly the driver provided in settings tab. As @alkar says it is definitely something wrong with Chrome and the APX driver.

Thanks to @Dust2dust for pointing me in the right path and @subcon959 for helping.

Reactions: Dust2dust

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it