• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Paul Manafort breaches plea agreement, likely to receive 20+ years in jail

• Thread starter Xzi
  • Start date
  • Views 11,420
  • Replies 112
  • Likes 2

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
But the sources don't say that at all. :teach:
Sorry, not the man, but his company. I guess that somehow makes it better?

Buzzfeed said:
President Donald Trump’s company planned to give a $50 million penthouse at Trump Tower Moscow to Russian President Vladimir Putin as the company negotiated the luxury real estate development during the 2016 campaign, according to four people, one of them the originator of the plan.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Wikileaks doesn't publish anything on Trump
Trump is not the type of politician who even needs leaks to happen, if you want evidence then you just have to pay close attention and what may or may not be said subtly.

Same applies to other politicians, tbh.

Trump supporters believe in what he says rather than what he will actually do.

Trusting a politician/political party is a mistake many do and assume they're on the "correct" party.

For example, I'm in favor of Britain's Brexit but not for a second do I trust their "Conservative" party.

Reactions: CallmeBerto

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Trump is not the type of politician who even needs leaks to happen, if you want evidence then you just have to pay close attention and what may or may not be said subtly.

Same applies to other politicians, tbh.
So Wikileaks doesn't need to exist? Their purpose was supposed to be giving transparency to governments that lacked it, but if they simply pick and choose which administrations to leak info on, then they're useless. Just another organization full of partisan hacks who want to deliver, at most, half of the story.

Trump supporters believe in what he says rather than what he will actually do.
Oh I'm very aware, but supporters aren't your target audience for leaks. It's everybody else who knows how to think rationally.

Trusting a politician/political party is a mistake many do and assume they're on the "correct" party.

For example, I'm in favor of Britain's Brexit but not for a second do I trust their "Conservative" party.
That's reasonable, no trust without verification. That same standard needs to apply to everyone, though, not exclude individuals who lie with every word. In fact we probably need greater scrutiny for those individuals, because otherwise we'll never get to the truth buried under all those lies.

Last edited by Xzi,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Well it's very disingenuous to say "his company", when it was only one man (Michael Cohen) who was spitballing the idea. :unsure:
C'mon dude, he was Trump's lawyer. He didn't make any moves without Trump asking him to or at least knowing about it.

Buzzfeed said:
Cohen acknowledged in court that he had lied to Congress about the plan in order to protect Trump and his presidential campaign.

Attacker3

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
C'mon dude, he was Trump's lawyer. He didn't make any moves without Trump asking him to or at least knowing about it.

They were Cohen had the idea to give one apartment to Putin, so that the rest of the rich people there would cream themselves thinking they could live like Putin and buy the apartments there, leading to a net profit. The headline is bullshit, you can even look in the article itself. Felix Sater came up with the idea, Cohen said it was a good idea. You can either see this two ways. If you believe in the conspiracy theory that Trump and Putin are linked politically, then this looks odd, but if you realize that The Trump Organization is a for-profit business, this isn't weird at all.

Anyways we'll see, but trying to sell real estate isn't a crime.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I like how buzzfeed is being used as a trusted source here.
I know, I'm humoring him at this point, but I wouldn't trust Buzzfeed to tell me the time of day

Reactions: DarthDub

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
They were Cohen had the idea to give one apartment to Putin, so that the rest of the rich people there would cream themselves thinking they could live like Putin and buy the apartments there, leading to a net profit. The headline is bullshit, you can even look in the article itself. Felix Sater came up with the idea, Cohen said it was a good idea. You can either see this two ways. If you believe in the conspiracy theory that Trump and Putin are linked politically, then this looks odd, but if you realize that The Trump Organization is a for-profit business, this isn't weird at all.

Anyways we'll see, but trying to sell real estate isn't a crime.
The crime isn't necessarily that the building was being planned, but that all of this was being planned during the campaign AND everybody lied about it. Cohen literally implicated Trump as part of all this, and he was the one who clarified Trump to be 'Individual 1' in legal documents.

I like how buzzfeed is being used as a trusted source here.
The source isn't Buzzfeed, it's just their article. Here are several more outlets with articles about the same thing:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...on-vladimir-putin-penthouse-suite/2156031002/

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...giving-putin-50-million-penthouse-broker-says

https://thehill.com/policy/internat...ion-planned-to-give-putin-penthouse-in-moscow

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/nov/30/trump-organization-planned-giving-putin-50-million/

It's been a take-your-pick type of week, so feel free to ask if you want more articles on any of the stories posted in this thread. The sources are solid because they're pretty much all federal investigators and/or Trump's personal lawyer.

Last edited by Xzi,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You should check those sources because all of them list buzzfeed as the source.
They don't list Buzzfeed as the source, only credit their report as the first. Not even Buzzfeed lists themselves as the source. Everybody always wants to credit the first place to report on something.

It's literally a little further up on this same page, but:

Buzzfeed said:
President Donald Trump’s company planned to give a $50 million penthouse at Trump Tower Moscow to Russian President Vladimir Putin as the company negotiated the luxury real estate development during the 2016 campaign, according to four people, one of them the originator of the plan.

Last edited by Xzi,

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buzzfeed was the one who ran that news story first, they claim the unnamed sources told them "X"
Then every other news organization used buzzfeed as the source because they are the only source

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Buzzfeed was the one who ran that news story first, they claim the unnamed sources told them "X"
Then every other news organization used buzzfeed as the source because they are the only source
Two unnamed law enforcement officers, Michael Cohen who is now under threat of perjury and plea deals being dropped, and Felix Sater, the architect of the plan. Sources don't get any more primary than that.

Last edited by Xzi,

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The evidence they’ve (Buzzfeed) presented are screenshots of texts between Cohen and Felix Sater. Are you suggesting these allegations are disregarded? What is the end game to your stance and why?

Reactions: Xzi

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buzzfeed said:

So um..., confirmed?

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to quote snipe but RE: Buzzfeed [News]

I just sort of want to point out Buzzfeed News is a legit news source/has actually good journalism and pretty much separate from the listicle/quiz site. One of the journalists was actually a finalist for a pulitzer.

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
As of three hours ago: Mueller is recommending no jail time for Flynn, as his cooperation with the investigation has been "substantial."

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/mue...ation-trump-adviser-michael/story?id=59597161

Meanwhile, two attorneys general are subpoenaing records from the Trump Organization and the IRS. This is in relation to the emoluments lawsuit. Two judges have already struck down Trump's claim of immunity.

https://apnews.com/8335d630f04248fe...AP&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter

Reactions: KingVamp

Attacker3

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Meanwhile, two attorneys general are subpoenaing records from the Trump Organization and the IRS.
This entire thing is based on a foreign government worker staying at his hotel, which they're trying to spin as an emolument.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

A subpoena is fine, but it's not really going to turn up anything other than "ambassador A stayed 2 nights and paid some money for his stay"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn