Path of Exile will be getting a PlayStation 4 release by the end of this year

For Sony players looking for a new free to play game, it might be worth turning your attention towards Path of Exile, which is heading to the PlayStation 4 this December. The Diablo-like action RPG has already been on PC since 2013, and was brought to Xbox One in August 2017, but this upcoming release marks the first time the game will be on a PlayStation system. An exact date will be provided prior to next month. For PC players, a new expansion will be out on December 7, which developer Grinding Gear Games has teased as being the largest content update of the year.

Kadji

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Play the PC version now. Gain experience on the game and its system, play around with the skill tree.
When the PS4 version drops play it too, but on Hardcore (permadeath), where the "real" fun begins.
At least for my personal preferences, playing a game like Diablo or PoE without the risk of loosing everything is just...boring.

And I also hope for a Switch release, I mean, the graphics are not that good but the gameplay (and the level / skill system) is so much better than Diablo 3 (vanilla) ever was.

onibaku

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
it seems to have a steep learning curve due to the skills but it looks better than diablo 3 imo.. diablo 3 was just too dumbed down for my taste..

Last edited by onibaku,
Reactions: Vorde

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cool, can we get a switch release also!? :c
If this happens I might dump another 1000 hours into it. Played days and even weeks at a time of this game. There aren't many games worth the title Masterpiece but PoE is one of them. From its complex and interesting skill system, to the multitude of end game content, multiple interesting builds and classes, and deep gameplay mechanics, it is definately worth the time. Follows a good F2P module with never pay to win options. Yes paying will give more storage space or make you have cool skins, but nothing altering skills or difficulty. Very excited for this release!

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
will the ps4 version offer the cloud pc-ps4 cross save?
They didn't offer this with XBONE so I doubt they would with the PS4. I think the main reason behind that is to prevent abuse of glitches found in one piece of software but not the other. For example, if someone found a dupe glitch for only 4 to 5 hours before a hotfix happened on the consoles, and they offered a cloud based cross save platform, it could ruin an entire economy for that realm. Sure they could roll back, but a lot of companies get a ton of backlash from those methods.
I would rather see cross play than cross save.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
They didn't offer this with XBONE so I doubt they would with the PS4. I think the main reason behind that is to prevent abuse of glitches found in one piece of software but not the other. For example, if someone found a dupe glitch for only 4 to 5 hours before a hotfix happened on the consoles, and they offered a cloud based cross save platform, it could ruin an entire economy for that realm. Sure they could roll back, but a lot of companies get a ton of backlash from those methods.
I would rather see cross play than cross save.
Yeah, i totally forgot the cross play, if $ony won't be jerk again...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free