Patching games with EZ4 Client neccesary?

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by Animae, Oct 12, 2007.

Oct 12, 2007
  1. Animae
    OP

Newcomer Animae Newbie

United States
    Hi, I just got an R4 and a 3-in-1. I remember reading something abouth patching GBA games with EZ4 Client, or else the game wouldn't save correctly. But Both games I've tried(Advance Wars, WarioWare Inc.) did both save. I flashed the game to NOR, saved, and then switched with the other game(and also backing up the SRAM). There was nothing wrong with any of the saves. They both loaded fine.

Is it really neccesary to patch the GBA games, or is it possible to just drag and drop?

EDIT: I think I understand. It's all about SRAM size, is it not? Some games need to be patched,others will work just fine?

2. 1man1dream

Member 1man1dream GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    of all the games I have tried playing without patching they all just come up as a white screen

3. .::5pYd3r::.

Member .::5pYd3r::. Viva La Pizza

Australia
    The patcher just changes where the rom saves. For the EZ 3 in 1 the roms have to save to SRAM. So either the roms were already patched somehow or the normally save to SRAM.

4. edgar42

Newcomer edgar42 Newbie

United Kingdom
    I'm very confused. I've got an EZ4 gba card which warioware works fine on when using the software, but when I go to put the same rom on my R4 with the 3-in 1, I can't get it to save properly. Even using the client patcher it doesn't work. I've got other games working by using gbata to patch the SRAM (advance wars 1 and 2), however it refuses to touch my warioware inc. rom. Does anyone know where I'm going wrong?

5. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Wario Ware uses an SRAM save type, so it doesn't need to be patched (that's why GBATA won't SRAM patch it).

Try a clean rom (i.e. unpatched and untrimmed; don't run it through the EZ4 Client for any reason).

6. edgar42

Newcomer edgar42 Newbie

United Kingdom
    Thanks, I never actually tried just dumping it onto the card in windows. It works fine now thanks.