Samutz

OP
Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway to patch a GBA game with cheats (such as VBA cheats) so that I can play them on my flashcard with the cheats enabled?
Or is there a gameshark-like options that can be used on a flashkit?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies for the brief and fairly useness nature of my reply but it stupid o clock in the morning and I just wanted to point you in the right direction.

Two things can happen here:
You are trying to cheat on a real cart, your options are buying some form of cheating device (action replay, gameshark, codebreaker...) I suggest reading their sites for these and this was not your question.

The other option is a flashcart, first check your cart does not have the options to cheat (a large number of GBA carts had cheat support added so check your carts documentation/FAQ's).
Of course if you are not so lucky there are trainers and GABsharky, trainers are another area so I will leave those alone.
GABsharky is a nice app that allows you to add cheats to your roms and use them like a trainer. When I checked last the site was down but a simple search or request should bring it back (I do not think I have it kicking around my machine but my gig worth of GBA releated stuff (no roms in that) may say otherwise)

As for gameshark/action replay codes they are encrypted, fortunately they have decryption tools.

Samutz

OP
Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a M3. I know it has the cheat function built in, but the cheats it comes with aren't the ones I want. I have ones made in VBA that I want to use and haven't had any luck converting to the M3's CHT format.

I'll check out GBAsharky though. I thought I heard of a program like that some time ago, but I couldn't find anything when I did some searches. It may be the program I was thinking of.

Thanks.

laurenz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Im in the same situation as Samutz. I got a M3, and i want to cheat.
But the cheat-files i have are not in .cht format, and i can't seem to succeed in convert them.
So i read about that GBAsharkY thing and i did some searches on google.
But theres nowhere a download link that leads to GBAsharkY.
So does somebody have it and is able to upload it for me, please?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on