1. Samutz

OP Samutz Wet Tissue Sample

United States
    Is there anyway to patch a GBA game with cheats (such as VBA cheats) so that I can play them on my flashcard with the cheats enabled?
    Or is there a gameshark-like options that can be used on a flashkit?

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    Apologies for the brief and fairly useness nature of my reply but it stupid o clock in the morning and I just wanted to point you in the right direction.

Two things can happen here:
    You are trying to cheat on a real cart, your options are buying some form of cheating device (action replay, gameshark, codebreaker...) I suggest reading their sites for these and this was not your question.

The other option is a flashcart, first check your cart does not have the options to cheat (a large number of GBA carts had cheat support added so check your carts documentation/FAQ's).
    Of course if you are not so lucky there are trainers and GABsharky, trainers are another area so I will leave those alone.
    GABsharky is a nice app that allows you to add cheats to your roms and use them like a trainer. When I checked last the site was down but a simple search or request should bring it back (I do not think I have it kicking around my machine but my gig worth of GBA releated stuff (no roms in that) may say otherwise)

As for gameshark/action replay codes they are encrypted, fortunately they have decryption tools.

3. Samutz

OP Samutz Wet Tissue Sample

United States
    I have a M3. I know it has the cheat function built in, but the cheats it comes with aren't the ones I want. I have ones made in VBA that I want to use and haven't had any luck converting to the M3's CHT format.

I'll check out GBAsharky though. I thought I heard of a program like that some time ago, but I couldn't find anything when I did some searches. It may be the program I was thinking of.

Thanks.

4. laurenz

laurenz GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Im in the same situation as Samutz. I got a M3, and i want to cheat.
    But the cheat-files i have are not in .cht format, and i can't seem to succeed in convert them.
    So i read about that GBAsharkY thing and i did some searches on google.
    But theres nowhere a download link that leads to GBAsharkY.
    So does somebody have it and is able to upload it for me, please?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Patching, Cheats, Games