Hacking Patched IOS80 Installer for vWii (allows SD Menu custom channels)

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm, it seems a lot of people forgot to back up their clean vWii IOS files.
I have a similar, but different problem - my backup of vWii IOS 80 (and it's copies) were destroyed by disc errors. Along with my GBA games' .sav files, go figure.
...I think any readers know what I'm asking for. Well, one thing. Publically-posted checksums of a clean IOS 80 on vWii would be nice. Because anyone could pretend any old file is a vWii IOS 80.

How embarrassing.

Kippykip

j e f f
Trophies
Website
kippykip.com
XP
Country
Australia
please I need someone to share a clean vWii ios58 or send it by PM thanks in advance
Hmm, it seems a lot of people forgot to back up their clean vWii IOS files.
I have a similar, but different problem - my backup of vWii IOS 80 (and it's copies) were destroyed by disc errors. Along with my GBA games' .sav files, go figure.
...I think any readers know what I'm asking for. Well, one thing. Publically-posted checksums of a clean IOS 80 on vWii would be nice. Because anyone could pretend any old file is a vWii IOS 80.

How embarrassing.
I think I found my old vWii IOS80 in my dropbox, I'll send a PM to you two

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!

First of all, I would thank to the owner of this post because it worked perfectly... That so until I tried to install the wad of star fox 64 with the wad manager, it's said the error -1022... help me plz :(

You're trying to install it while running an IOS that doesn't have NAND access. Switch your wad manager to a custom IOS like 236. (d2x should work, too)

GR-DRACULA

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello everyone!

Some people were wondering how to run unofficial channels via SD Menu on their Wii U's vWii, and why they currently could not, and the answer is simply, the same answer as on regular Wii: The System Menu IOS has to have the signature check patched out.

And so, I have modified IOS236 Installer MOD to install a patched IOS80 instead.
It only applies the one needed patch (not 5 like IOS236 Installer MOD does).

Just run it on vWii from SD card via HBC.

WARNING! THIS APP MODIFIES vWii's SYSTEM MENU IOS! RISK LEVEL "ORANGE" ACCORDING TO THIS THREAD! (which you should READ FIRST)
vWii CURRENTLY HAS NO RECOVERY OPTIONS SUCH AS BootMii, SO USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

I have only tested it on 1 Wii U (several times though), my USA "Guinea-Pig" Wii U...
...and it was successful every time :D

But it is still risky, just like any other System Mod.

Anyways, here you go.

Enjoy!

It didn't work for me :/ I am using pal wiiu latest version 5.5.0 , I have homebrew channel 1.1.2 on wiimode, I tried install patched ios 80 with this app it said successfully installed (it reads the ios from nand because I can't find the ios 80 v7200 for vWii) I go to wiimode to launch my wiiware games from sd and I am still getting the error

Last edited by GR-DRACULA,

Tommy084

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It didn't work for me :/ I am using pal wiiu latest version 5.5.0 , I have homebrew channel 1.1.2 on wiimode, I tried install patched ios 80 with this app it said successfully installed (it reads the ios from nand because I can't find the ios 80 v7200 for vWii) I go to wiimode to launch my wiiware games from sd and I am still getting the error

It does the same for me, but i use ny own backup clean ios80-64-7200.wad on root of sd.
Instal rund perfekt, press button, return to HBC. Trying to run Chanel from sd meny. Error, cant use on this system.
Can it be something with wiiu 5.5.0?

Maybe if someone would give me a ios80 7200.wad from a wiiu with fw under 5.5.0 and pal region. I could try and find out :-)

Last edited by Tommy084,

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since nobody has replied to this, the checksums for a clean IOS 80 are as follows:

MD5: 5D0BD43168BCC41476301221C52BE227
SHA1: 2A3E0E6CFEB567D0288DB92E2C0D3F2875BAE3D5
CRC32: 23E0CB3E

I am running 5.5.1 and will not attempt this until somebody can confirm it works whilst running this firmware. Seems its a little "loosey goosey" atm considering the lack of posts in regard to patching IOS80 on current Wii U firmware.

Reactions: Tommy084

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
if i accidentally install a vc/wiiware wad on vwii that is not ntsc u region will i brick??
No, they just won't show up on wiimenu (and can be launched with a 3rd party menu).

But be careful of bannerbricks (try the same wads on a real Wii with priiloader, which is incompatible with Vwii)

GR-DRACULA

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
seems to have worked thanks!!

if i accidentally install a vc/wiiware wad on vwii that is not ntsc u region will i brick?? is there any risk should i make sure all my wads are ntsc?
I think they just won't load so they are useless I think vwii isn't region free yet because it doesn't support priiloader, except if we do something else from WiiU side (there isn't anything out yet). To brick your vwii u need to install non vwii ioses/cioses so be careful when u install these. Also if you do install priiloader then u will brick the vwii.

Last edited by GR-DRACULA,

freakE3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I install ios236 after I installed ios80 for vWii? Both being installed simultaneously? I don´t want to break something.
If yes, there is a src folder for the ios80 and
a src folder for ios236.
The problem would be that ios236 would overwrite the src folder from ios80. Need help!

Last edited by freakE3,

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
Can I install ios236 after I installed ios80 for vWii? Both being installed simultaneously? I don´t want to break something.
If yes, there is a src folder for the ios80 and
a src folder for ios236.
The problem would be that ios236 would overwrite the src folder from ios80. Need help!
The src folder is irrelevant. That's just the source code for either IOS and has nothing to do with the actual installation. You can install both no problem.

theblinky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Getting an Exception DSI occurred message when I run the patcher and it just resets to menu. Any idea why this would happen?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
can you send me it if you found it, i know im late as fuck on this
You can find them on that website named after (a very famous plumber Nintendo made a successful platformer series out of) + (a six-sided 3D geometrical shape made of six equal squares that Nintendo named a console after)

domin1226

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
You can find them on that website named after (a very famous plumber Nintendo made a successful platformer series out of) + (a six-sided 3D geometrical shape made of six equal squares that Nintendo named a console after)
hi. I found the website but the app seems to be asking for a wad named "ios80-64-7200" which the service doesnt provide

could anyone send me their ios 80 file from nand if its possible? send it in pms so it doesnt get deleted or on my discord which ill send in pms

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?