Patched Games and Download Play

Discussion in 'EDGE' started by pikachufan2164, Nov 28, 2008.

Nov 28, 2008
  1. pikachufan2164
    OP

Newcomer pikachufan2164 Newbie

Canada
    I'm about to get my Edge soon, and I'm in the process of transferring my saves from M3 (slot 2 version)'s .dat extension to the .sav extension that Edge uses. I know that the saves should work properly, but I'm worried if the games themselves will after they've been transferred over.

The M3 game manager patches the games themselves before they worked on my M3, and since they were patched, download play didn't work on those games. If I used those patched games on my Edge when I get it, would download play work? Or would I have to go and download the clean versions before I can get download play to work at all?

Thanks in advance.

2. lunacy123456

Newcomer lunacy123456 Member

United States
    I don't know if this help but all my games with Arm7 patch saves would not work when transferring over to the Edge.

3. jagerstaffel

Member jagerstaffel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I find it odd when you said "Or would I have to go and download the clean versions..."

Do you not back them up before patching them? Surely doing so would help. I guess, if you use the save converter here, http://shunyweb.info/convert.php it should work. Otherwise perhaps if you ask around in the M3 forum maybe they will help there.

4. pikachufan2164
    OP

Newcomer pikachufan2164 Newbie

Canada
    My best guess is that because the M3 patches the .nds files as well as creating its own .dat file for the save, the save files are fine. However, Download Play won't be supported because the .nds files have been previously patched.

Unfortunately, I didn't keep the original .nds file with me, so I guess I'll have to go and find them again....