Hacking [Patched 4.1.0] I have Atmosphere, safe to update?

chuk2020

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im trying to install NSPs and they require a higher firmware, so i was wondering if updating after launching cfw on emunand would be alright

Reactions: NoNAND

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You must use emuNAND/emuMMC if you want to play newer games. If your system is ipatched, you cannot update your sysNAND.

It is safe to update your emuNAND with ChoiDujourNX, but you need to make sure you're actually on your emuNAND when you do it. If you accidentally update your sysNAND, you are screwed.

Reactions: NoNAND and kylum

kylum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im trying to install NSPs and they require a higher firmware, so i was wondering if updating after launching cfw on emunand would be alright
You would loose the ability to run the exploit if you update. I would suggest setting up EmuMMC and update that. There are plenty of threads on how to do this so I won’t go in to detail.
Here is a link to setting up EmuMMC, of course getting into RCM will be different for you since your Switch is Ipatched. So some of the info will be different for you. You will only be using this guide to setup EmuMMC.

chuk2020

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so I found a guide by another user....seems this person was also trying to install the emummc and update. Ill try and follow their instructions closely. However, when i first did my install it looks like i didnt install sigpatches when going through the check boxes. Hopefully I can just place those folders on the root and continue with the guides.

Ill post an update later if it works out, might as well try it with the emuMMC rather than dry(emuNAND)
Thanks for the pointers though, didnt really know about emuMMC, thought the emuNAND was enough like with the 3DS

chuk2020

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright Gamers!(TM) i seem to be in the clear. got 8.1.0(ams 0.9.2)! Thanks to Lacius, literally a god send on this forum. (oh and gRoberts) Although, do inform me if I might be jumping to conclusions and still have things to check for stability.

Seelbreaker

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just in case, change the background on emunand. So that you always see where you are.

Nintendo provides a white an black theme ;-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: