XP
Country
I might have got you wrong.

ShowMiiWads can't change the installer

BUT it can do these things...

Dump an IOS
Pack an IOS to a .wad
Change the slot an IOS is installed to.

So if you want to do what your asking you could do this. Install Rev13b, and dump the NAND (or just some of the NAND). Then change the slot cIOS Rev13b is installed to, then extract that and repack it to a .wad

Sorry if you don't want this and want to change the actual installer to install to a different slot. I just thought I'd give you an easier option, well different.

btw this is handy for people that want cIOScorp installed to a different slot and then patch a DVD to use that slot thus keeping the original IOS installed to the normal slots (best of both worlds)

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you fix the hash and sign the wad after you changed shit? if not it will give an error around 1000. maybe this is the one youre getting

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tattar8 said:
*goes to burn a random wii game*
HUH? you are aware that you need to patch that game to actually use IOS 4 now right? just installing a cIOS in a random spot does nothing. The game still loads whatever IOS it was made to load.

Krestent

What to post?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
tattar8 said:
*goes to burn a random wii game*
HUH? you are aware that you need to patch that game to actually use IOS 4 now right? just installing a cIOS in a random spot does nothing. The game still loads whatever IOS it was made to load.

Then how do backup loaders run games?

I'm planning to use Softchip set to IOS4 to load the game

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok. i took is as you were just gonna stick a game in the wii and go through the disc channel. using a loader to boot the game and telling it to use a IOS will work just like patching it.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
I mentioned this a while ago in another thread, but ShowMiiWads+Softchip+CiosCorp = huge compatability without reburning or swapping your official IOS for "corped" ones.
smile.gif

If you don't want to use softchip you can use ISO Patcher, but then you need to reburn the DVD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.