Gaming Patapon and 3.52 M33-4

DespizingU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know if the new Patapon is working on 3.52 M33-4? And if it's not, what firmware do you guys recommend me updating to next?

I really haven't followed the PSP custom firmware progress since 3.52 M33-4. So I'm not sure what's working, or what's the best right now.

Thank you for any and all help.

EDIT: Answered my own question. The game stays at the first loading screen on 3.52 M33-4. You need at least 3.71. I"m just going to up to 3.90

JohnDrake

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm very eager to play this game. I'd love to hear some impressions from you all.

BTW, I have one CFW PSP and one unit with Official Firmware. This way I dn't have to worry about firmware conflicts and newer games. There are still plenty of good PSP games in the pipeline.

yaypsp.gif

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm very eager to play this game. I'd love to hear some impressions from you all.

BTW, I have one CFW PSP and one unit with Official Firmware. This way I dn't have to worry about firmware conflicts and newer games. There are still plenty of good PSP games in the pipeline.

yaypsp.gif
Isn't that redundant? Are there any reason why you wouldn't install custom firmware?

JohnDrake

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm very eager to play this game.  I'd love to hear some impressions from you all.

BTW, I have one CFW PSP and one unit with Official Firmware.  This way I dn't have to worry about firmware conflicts and newer games.  There are still plenty of good PSP games in the pipeline.

yaypsp.gif

Isn't that redundant? Are there any reason why you wouldn't install custom firmware?

Well, I'll admit I'm a bit of a newb on this whole subject. I have only recently downgraded my first PSP.( a launch model.)

I'm also a bit hesitant to tamper with my beloved PSP Slim.

HyoImowano

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm very eager to play this game. I'd love to hear some impressions from you all.

BTW, I have one CFW PSP and one unit with Official Firmware. This way I dn't have to worry about firmware conflicts and newer games. There are still plenty of good PSP games in the pipeline.

yaypsp.gif

Well, I'll admit I'm a bit of a newb on this whole subject. I have only recently downgraded my first PSP.( a launch model.)

I'm also a bit hesitant to tamper with my beloved PSP Slim.

I Pandora'd my Slim, works great.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
My Slim 3.90M33-2 didn't load Patapon till I changed the UMD driver back to normal first. It was bugging my why it stayed stuck on the first loading screen for ages.

Great game though, I'm just starting out.

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just grabbed a copy of this game, so it sounds like I'm going to have to update my PSP.

I'm currently at 3.40OE (I think) what are the steps to get it up to a newer firmware release? Can I just go straight to 3.71?

D

Deleted User

Well, if you have a CFW PSP then OFW from 3.3 up (I think) doesn't let you upgrade.
So if Dark_AleX was to stop (dread the thought) and no-one else continued... you'd be pretty much stuck.
So if you have 2 PSPs, one with CFW and one with OFW you're safe.

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
warmijwilfaain said:
Well, if you have a CFW PSP then OFW from 3.3 up (I think) doesn't let you upgrade.
So if Dark_AleX was to stop (dread the thought) and no-one else continued... you'd be pretty much stuck.
So if you have 2 PSPs, one with CFW and one with OFW you're safe.
Couldn't you just use pandora to restore it back to 1.50?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MC DUI said:
I just grabbed a copy of this game, so it sounds like I'm going to have to update my PSP.

I'm currently at 3.40OE (I think) what are the steps to get it up to a newer firmware release? Can I just go straight to 3.71?
you need to install 3.52 M33-4 first or else it wont install
then you can go to what ever firmware you want

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Joe88 said:
MC DUI said:

you need to install 3.52 M33-4 first or else it wont install
then you can go to what ever firmware you want

I've already done it, but thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night